Sign in to follow this  

TXC310R (2013) Service Intervals

Hi Guys,

looking through the electronic user manual and workshop manual i note the following for TE/TXC310:

1. TE/TXC Racing use - oil changes every 10 hrs, valve adjustment every 50 hrs and no mention in first service. 

2. TE Road Use - oil changes first 1000km then every 5000km, valve adjustment as per oil

This seems to be quite a large variance for a motor that only holds 900ml of oil.

Assuming riding (not racing) single track probably averages 30km/hr vs road which would be closer to 60 km/hr.

What maintenance periods have you applied for a TXC riding trails not racing.

Regards

Garry

If you talk to the zipty guys who built and raced these for husky, they recommend mobil1 0w-40 which you can find in a 5 quart jug for around 25$. Combined with any stainless reusable filter(flows much better). The oil and filter combo flows much better for important things like main bearings.....I have one and change the oil every ride and clean the filter every other. You get 5 oil changes per jug so 5$ a ride is cheap insurance. Stainless filter (PC Racing is 20$). Just my opinion from many hours on the other husky site and talking to fellow racers...

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

looking through the electronic user manual and workshop manual i note the following for TE/TXC310:

1. TE/TXC Racing use - oil changes every 10 hrs, valve adjustment every 50 hrs and no mention in first service. 

2. TE Road Use - oil changes first 1000km then every 5000km, valve adjustment as per oil

This seems to be quite a large variance for a motor that only holds 900ml of oil.

Assuming riding (not racing) single track probably averages 30km/hr vs road which would be closer to 60 km/hr.

What maintenance periods have you applied for a TXC riding trails not racing.

Regards

Garry

Clean filter after approximately 3-4 hours (or 1 full ride).  Change oil every 3 rides (3-4 hours per ride).  Changing your oil more than that is just wasting your money.  I use Bel Ray Works Thumper Synth 10w-50w.

Thanks guys. I will probably stretch it a little on the service intervals if I do some long days.

Have not touched the air filter in the first 10 hours. I think that is fine as long as you are not riding in slop/ sand or it spends time running on its side.

How often have you  checked the valve clearances?