Sign in to follow this  

2012 review?

Hi, im looking at getting a 2012 crf450r as there is one near by going cheap. This will be my first 450 coming from a 09 KX250F. Just looking for some opinions on the bike? Who owns it and loves it? who hates it? why?

Any good for riding in the woods?

Also the wrap around header pipe thing, i'm not a fan. Any way of getting rid of it?

I found a new leftover the end of April here and had to get it. I only have 2 hours on it and it was my first 450 as well. I've been on 250 2 strokes but I have to say I live the bike so far. I love the feel and handling of it and the suspension is still stock but I feel like for my size 5'9 160, it's doing good so far. The motors awesome it's smooth power but still pulls hard out of corners. It's a little much in the woods stock but with some work I'm sure it would be fine. As for the header I have no clue...I've been on 2 strokes since I was 12

i am not aware of any aftermarket headers that dont route down around in front.  if your concerned about rocks and such dinging up the pipe, its never been an issue that i know of. 

overall good bike.  some issues with clutch (dependign on abuse), suspention needs to be worked in order to balance the bike (its a bit skitish otherwise), the motor is a bit mellow and the front brake could be better although some seem to think its just fine.