Sign in to follow this  

Need advise on this YZ125 on CL

Can you read this craigslist description and offer some advice on the problem. Guy is asking $1200

Im selling my 2004 yz125 bike runs ive been building it but it wont hit powerband it has a new renickled cylinder fresh topend ive replace powervalves cdi box brand new clutch bought a shit load of jets for it to try an solve the issue it has torc racing shifter and rear break levers new clutch cable renthal grips im just tired of it its prolly the powervalve spirng on the clutch side of the bottom end im not interested in it anymore i want it go asap CASH ONLY. the bike starts one kick idles perfect just wen you go to ride it sits right under powerband if your a rider you kno wat im saying i

Could be powervalve pins vibrated out or the powervalves could be put togetther wrong. Offer him $1000

If you get it id check over all the powervalve stuff. from being in the notch on the spring in the case. To the metal arms coming out being hooked up or broke. Or where the two springs that run the valves being hooked on still behind the little cover on the cylinder.

For that price you could just drop it off at the dealer and have them look at the PV.  Act quick or that thing will be sold!  If the bike is in otehrwise good shape, it's a great deal and probably an easy fix.

Thanks for the quick replies! So most likely this is not a major repair problem, something somewhat minor?

Im getting more info on this bike. Its an 04 frame with an 02 engine. Sounds like it was two bikes made into one. Guy says the vin is good, the original frame was cracked, not sure about this now.

$1200 is too much for a 10 year old 125 that doesn't run right. I just sold one in perfect condition for $1250. I would offer around $900 if everything else in the bike is perfect. Since the guy can't figure out how to get it to run right, there is most likely other issues with the bike that will need to be addressed (suspension, chassis bearings, etc).

• Like 1

$1200 is too much for a 10 year old 125 that doesn't run right. I just sold one in perfect condition for $1250. I would offer around $900 if everything else in the bike is perfect. Since the guy can't figure out how to get it to run right, there is most likely other issues with the bike that will need to be addressed (suspension, chassis bearings, etc).

This is all very true. Too much for a bike that old with issues.

Ya I told the guy I was going to pass. He was firm on his price and it also needed tires. Too many issues for me, maybe if it was in the $800 range I would have went to look at it. Thanks again for the quick replies.