Sign in to follow this  

Differences in Years?

Looking to purchase a 230F for the wife as a first bike.  I searched and found a thread from 2007 saying there were no difference except for 'bold new graphics', but that was 7 years ago.  Does that still hold true? 

Also, I'm amazed at how well these things are holding their value.  There aren't a lot of used ones on the market, and most want $2,000+ even for really old ones.  Hopefully, I can find one soon that is reasonably priced without being a piece of carp.

Edited by Regalman

Looking to purchase a 230F for the wife as a first bike.  I searched and found a thread from 2007 saying there were no difference except for 'bold new graphics', but that was 7 years ago.  Does that still hold true? 

Also, I'm amazed at how well these things are holding their value.  There aren't a lot of used ones on the market, and most want $2,000+ even for really old ones.  Hopefully, I can find one soon that is reasonably priced without being a piece of carp.

There's no changes. I have a 2007 CRF230 and it's exactly the same as the 2014 model. Same motor same carb same suspension same exhaust same everything.

I just bought my son a 2014 CRF150 and it's the same as the older models also. No changes on the 2014.

• Like 1

There's no changes. I have a 2007 CRF230 and it's exactly the same as the 2014 model. Same motor same carb same suspension same exhaust same everything.

Not exactly correct. 2008 + has a different gas tank and shrouds. I think the seat is the same, but am not 100% certain on that.

Ya, there's minor differences but not a whole lot. Graffics and colors and some other subtle changes.

I'd have to put my 2007 side by side with the 2014 to really see the differences.

If I put a white rear fender on my bike with the all red seat it would look exactly the same. My kids 2014 Crf150 is real close to  my 2007 230.

Just scaled down. Smaller ect.

Edited by 230Fstroker

Ya, there's minor differences but not a whole lot. Graffics and colors and some other subtle changes.

I'd have to put my 2007 side by side with the 2014 to really see the differences.

If I put a white rear fender on my bike with the all red seat it would look exactly the same. My kids 2014 Crf150 is real close to  my 2007 230.

Just scaled down. Smaller ect.

in 2008, they changed the shrouds and gas tank physically, not just graphics and colors. it is different than 2007 and prior. 07 shrouds won't fit on on 08 tank and vice versa.

Edited by 3girlsdad

I know the brake reservoir is different from 2004 to 2007.  My 2004 had the lower lever tab broken off so I searched ebay and got one from a 2007 (res and lever) for $50.  Had to change the angle of my throttle grip / cables because the perch is slightly differnt on the 07.  Still works great tho.