Sign in to follow this  

Supercross RV is a bad champion

ok so I got your attention , RV is amazing on a bike but he is a bad example for kids.

He always comes out for opening ceremonies without a helmet on while riding! Every other rider has one on!  Bad form RV bad form , the AMA shouldn't let him do that, if they want him to come out and show his face then walk out like the other guys do! I have always been taught no helmet no ride and my  son will have the same rules as well. I know most people will say RV wont fall but kids see him ride around the supercross track without a helmet and think they can do the same. We all no most bad accidents happen when people say im just going to take a short ride to wherever without a helmet and end up crashing on something simple or whatever.

So I think RV is a bad example of a champion for this reason and should be chastised for this kind of action.

What a completely lame attempt at a thread. The swingers just don't know how to cope.

• Like 4

those are old , they stoped doing it and rv should too ,

I remember several years ago James actually seat bounced a double without a helmet during opening ceremonies.

Yes helmet and googles esp. Who knows where JA might be hiding with a rock or a lazer

• Like 5

What about when he wins his 4th championship and says winning the truck is more exciting. After winning that championship he could go buy a dealership full of trucks. To me he seems unappreciative of his God given talent and will only be remembered by one generation not many like other champions. 

• Like 3

Let me say this:

If you allow your child to ride without a helmet, YOU are a failure as a parent.

To even suggest that you are afraid that someone else that might influence your kid to do something unsafe is a failure to do your job as a parent. Grow up. We have enough idiots claiming the vicitim card and wanting big brother to keep them safe.

• Like 22

I never once said I was afraid my kids would be influenced, I worry for the kids of other people, my kids will be fine and will never ride without a helmet as I mentioned above.  , Its the fact that he is a role model and should act like one Its not a hard thing to do , or maybe I shouldn't give a crap about anyone but my family

If he comes out with a helmet then people are say something like 'he's the face of the sport and no one can identify with him when he has a helmet on at all times etc etc'. You are never gonna make everyone happy. So what, he rides 20ft w/o a helmet. That hardly makes him a bad role model. This is really a stretch, in my opinion. It's not like he is cutting laps w/o a helmet. A word of advice, don't take your kids into the pro pits. I see riders and mechanics riding around on the bikes all the time w/o helmets, in shorts etc. 

• Like 2

Your best bet would be to bundle your children in bubble wrap and hide them in the basement until they are 18. Then release them to the world. That way they will not ever experience a bad role model and do something dangerous.

• Like 6

Oh the horror of a pro rider riding around a track slowly without a helmet!  The guy doesn't even get the wheels off the ground except maybe a small wheelie, and it's a show people. If you really think about it, do you think he is in more danger riding without his helmet for a minute and busting quads with James Crash'em smash'em stewart on chasing him? I'm guessing its the latter personally.

• Like 2

I worry for the kids of other people, my kids will be fine and will never ride without a helmet as I mentioned above.  , Its the fact that he is a role model and should act like one Its not a hard thing to do , or maybe I shouldn't give a crap about

anyone but my family

That statement right there is one of the most frightening statements one can hear, especially when it comes from behind the closed doors of ANY Governmental office.  :banghead:

Your last statement is a much better approach :thumbsup:

Edited by KennyMc

ok so I got your attention , RV is amazing on a bike but he is a bad example for kids.

He always comes out for opening ceremonies without a helmet on while riding! Every other rider has one on!  Bad form RV bad form , the AMA shouldn't let him do that, if they want him to come out and show his face then walk out like the other guys do! I have always been taught no helmet no ride and my  son will have the same rules as well. I know most people will say RV wont fall but kids see him ride around the supercross track without a helmet and think they can do the same. We all no most bad accidents happen when people say im just going to take a short ride to wherever without a helmet and end up crashing on something simple or whatever.

So I think RV is a bad example of a champion for this reason and should be chastised for this kind of action.

Yeah because my kid learns what is right and wrong about riding a dirtbike from watching opening ceremonies of Supercross. Good thing us parents don’t actually have to teach our kids anything. We just have to turn on the TV and let them watch.

I hope this post is a joke. If not I hope someone has the balls to talk to your kid about what is right or wrong.