Sign in to follow this  

Racers checklist

Alright racers i will be entering my first race ever this weekend. Will be camping practice Saturday race Sunday just looking for a checklist of things to bring if it sounds ridiculous list it anyway want to have EVERYTHING!!! Thanks to all!

Here's my racing check list, but I might be missing a few things.

1. Bike
  2. Tools
  3. Lift stand
  4. Gas cans
  5. Duct tape/Sharpie pen (for number plate, if needed)
  6. All fluids
  7. Tools
  8. Spare wheel set
  9. Air compressor
  10. Tent
  11. Sleeping bag
  12. Pillow
  13. Air mattress
  14. Gym bag of clothes and toiletries
  15. Water
  16. Cooler
  17. CamelBak bladder
  18. Drink supplements for bladder
  19. Food (I'm done cooking at races, I just bring what's easy to eat straight outa the cooler or package)
  20. Trash bags

A couple of Percocet's in case you get injured.

OP's list doesn't have Gear (helmet, gloves, boots, etc).  Maybe he rides naked?

• Like 3

do you buy tear offs at the track or local shop? I'm really nervous for race day not sure where to be or the scheduling i guess i don't have anyone to show me the ropes

I came to my first race with gear, my bike, and some gas. I found someone with electrical tape and made numbers, if something went wrong I went home simple as that.

Looking back I should have brought a first aid kit.

Almost anything else you can find someone at a race to let you barrow it.

• Like 2

We don't have many 2 day events. Qualifying and Race are usually bundled into one saturday. So We don't need a tent and stuff.

1. Bike

2. All gear

3. Spare Wheels (Quicker than changing a tube between races, only if I have to. I.e. I puncture both sets of wheels)

4. Spare parts - levers, brake pads, handlebars, etc.

4.Toolbox - Bought a second hand metal tray toolbox and put everything I  need into it. It's a little heavy but it never leaves the car/van. Spanners, socket set, tyre l                            leavers, Allen Keys, Torx keys, electrical tape, etc.

5. Tyre pump.

6. Power washer/ hose -  Power hose if bringing the van. If I have only the car then a hose is just as good to get the rough stuff off.

7. disposable gloves.

8. Fuel (obviously) and oils.

9. Bike Stand

10. Chain lube

11. Gazebo - Not quite a race awning. But it was cheap and it provides exactly the same amount of shelter from the sun/rain.

12. Cash - you never know when a bit of cash will come in handy. Be it buying spares or paying someone to change a tyre for you to save your knuckles.  ( I once                          bought 10 full sets of brake pads for £30 from a guy who switched bikes and the old pads wouldn't fit. It's roughly £20 for both front and back out of a shop.                    Not a bad saving!)

13.Food - High energy stuff - Bananas, bread, chocolate bars, etc.  Sandwiches or something for the lunch break

14. Water - Plenty of this.

15. BIKE LOCK!! -  Especially if your camping overnight. You never know what devious b@stard is going to take a shine to your bike. We have a chain that we wrap through the                                   swingarm and round the wheels of the trailer/car. It wouldn't stop someone if they had a set of bolt cutters but if you're around a lot of people it's certainly a                                 deterrent.

Anything else I'm missing?

As for the scheduling, I'm assuming there'll be a hut or office for signing on. If you go to them they'll show you the way for sure.

More importantly have fun! and good luck!

Edited by Irishcrfrider

Alright racers i will be entering my first race ever this weekend. Will be camping practice Saturday race Sunday just looking for a checklist of things to bring if it sounds ridiculous list it anyway want to have EVERYTHING!!! Thanks to all!

bike helmet goggles boots gas at MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Let's put it this way, if you can't drive to Colorado this is the next best thing! Obviously the scenary is not the same, nor is the elevation, BUT it is VERY challenging. The riding is every bit as demanding, probably more in some cases, as Colorado. If you ride hard at all 5 hours of it will kick your a$$ and 2 days of it will have you calling in sick on Monday. :) The area is not HUGE, as in it doesn't really take you way back in the country. It's a LARGE loop of sorts with countless trails inbetween. The outer loop roads are wider & faster and okay for ATV's, the inner trails are narrower and VERY challenging, but still doable on an ATV if the rider has the ability. And then there is some single track, but not a ton. In two days you might, MIGHT be able to ride 80% of it, if you rode hard. The area is extremely rugged & rocky. Step-up ledges are in every climb. Don't bring your new tires here, you'll leave most of the knobs there. I was just there a few weeks ago...fun fun FUN! Makes trail riding around KC a complete bore.

Let me know if you decide to go and I'll hook you up with a good map of the area.

Yea definitely don't pull the holeshot. Nothing worse then a novice rider holding up the line. Especially since you are new new...

I suppose you are running 250 novice open or?

Throttle tubes

Master links

Extra chain

Jb WELD

Chain cleaners etc...

Extra pevers.

A spatula for scraping mud off. We 40 for under your front and rear fender helps shed mud.

Clutch and break cables.

EXTRA AIR FILTERS CLEANERS AND OIL FOR THEM. CHANGE AFTER EACH RACE

(Have them pre oiled in a bag ready to go)

When you get real into it..

Bars triple clamps

Grips glue

Sprockets

Brake pads

Clutch and brake perches

Spanners

Pegs

Shift lever

Moose t handle wrench is the best tool ever

And more.

Its a mx race. Its district 23 in mn ran by motokazie. Its looking like this weekend at spring creek is going to be rained out. Ill be riding the 250 c class and im there to be competitive but do not expect to win i just want the feeling of racing and see where it goes!!

Thanks everyone checking over everyones list to make sure i don't forget anything but first time sure i will

oh yea, have the bike ready the night before, fuel, chain lube, etc. Do small things in the morning if you must. Nothing worse than your gate being called for practise and your you're bikes lying in pieces.

Even worse is realising you forgot to put fuel in the moment the bike bogs in the air and you prepare for a rough landing (personal experience)  :cripple:

• Like 1