Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

I crashed Sunday--LovingOffroadPain really doesn't love offroad pain!

I've done this step down jump several times.  It's been a few months since I've been riding, the major rains have carved things out and I didn't think to inspect the landing before jumping to my doom.

Overshot the landing, sprained both wrists, ended up in a pile on the ground.  It hurt.  My wrists were killing me a few hours later from the inflammation, so we went back to the truck, I iced them for 20 mins, stretched them out, then taped them.  Wow that tape helped immensely, I was really surprised.

Who else has a screenname that kinda stretches the truth?

• Like 1

Well I'm not actually a bunny.... and I'm always happy, I never rage. Unless my bike wont start....

• Like 4

sorry about your two limp wristeses 

LOL   

ever get hurt and you couldn't load your bike ??    thats one of my fears

• Like 1

I should of went so i could of seen it!  Glad you're alright though.  And that's why I don't do that crazy stuff hahahaah not yet anyway!  Mabye riding with you a few more times will get my courage up to try new things!! Plan on another day to go and I'll try and make it!!! 

oh and, name is Mary Lynne (mL) and at the time of making this account i was 26...I'm so creative!!!! 

Edited by mL26
  • Like 4

I should of went so i could of seen it!  Glad you're alright though.  And that's why I don't do that crazy stuff hahahaah not yet anyway!  Mabye riding with you a few more times will get my courage up to try new things!! Plan on another day to go and I'll try and make it!!! 

oh and, name is Mary Lynne (mL) and at the time of making this account i was 26...I'm so creative!!!! 

You're creative, don't ever change mL26! 

• Like 2

ever get hurt and you couldn't load your bike ?? thats one of my fears

Yes. I launched off a hill into a ravine landing 30' down, g'd out at bottom and snapped top of my knee. Broke right knee and ankle right wrist all at same time.

Bike suffered two taco'd rims, broken rear shock cracked cases.

Luckily two guys were there and saw it happen. They were kind enough to drag the bike to my truck and load it. Then I dreadfully drove 65 miles home in my standard shift s10.

That is a day I will never forget, I remember that everytime I ride, keeps my ego in check.

• Like 3

Yes. I launched off a hill into a ravine landing 30' down, g'd out at bottom and snapped top of my knee. Broke right knee and ankle right wrist all at same time.

Bike suffered two taco'd rims, broken rear shock cracked cases.

Luckily two guys were there and saw it happen. They were kind enough to drag the bike to my truck and load it. Then I dreadfully drove 65 miles home in my standard shift s10.

That is a day I will never forget, I remember that everytime I ride, keeps my ego in check.

OUCH! ouch ouch ouch

• Like 1

sorry about your two limp wristeses 

LOL   

ever get hurt and you couldn't load your bike ??    thats one of my fears

Yep, happened to me back in Sept, the Devil really trashed me the final day (3rd day trip) and when it came time to load, I realized I left my ramp (just a small piece of teak plank) at home.  Getting the front tire on the trailer wasn't so bad.  It's when I got to the rear tire that I had to lift and almost split a gut doing it.  Since then, the ramp is first on the list. As a matter of fact, it rides on the passenger seat with me in the truck.  Never doing that shit again.  Sure I could of gotten creative and used rocks or what have you, but I was already wasted tired and hurt, and lumping rocks around were the last thing on my mind. Just wanted to load up and get home.  Age does that shit to you. I can remember a time back in my 20's when I would pick up an almost 300 lb. YZ490, and hop it onto the back of my 4x4 bed which was three feet high without thinking twice.  Now, I can't even lift the damn thing a foot onto the rail of a trailer without a ramp.  Pretty sorry shit huh? 

• Like 1