Sign in to follow this  

I need help!

Alright. So, I recently bought a used 2013 RMZ450 from the Horton racing team that has Pro Circuit revalve done on it with the pro circuit top preload cap, different shock internals and the linkage. The bike was Henry Miller's. Now after riding it I am concerned it is a bit too soft of a set up for me. I had a 2013 rmz450 last season also but with race tech on it and ran a 9.6 fork spring and a 5.7 shock spring. This bike has a 9.2 fork spring and I am unsure about what the shock spring is as I didn't get a spec sheet. What I am wondering is this; If I were to change the springs out, would the valving still work well? The rider before me is a top rider in the B class at the big nationals like mini o's, Loretta's etc and I am a good A rider on the local level. So I am also wondering if this valving is about right for me? My race tech setup was valved for intermediate plus as I did  not like the feel of the Expert valving. I was hoping the suspension would be good for me as I am a bit slower than the previous rider is, but about 15# heavier (165#) but unfortunately the speed difference wasn't enough to make the suspension solid for me. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Those B guys at Lorretta's are rolling. Hell, I think Dungey came from the B class.

Edited by gscx

I should also add that yes, I am certain I am in need of at least a stiffer shock spring is I had to crank that puppy down as far as the threads would allow to get the sag to 104 (it was at 120 when first measured). This tells me that I definitely am in need of springs but my main question is whether going up a spring rate or two will affect how well the valving works and whether the valving for a top level B rider will work well for a good local level A rider

Yes the spring will help

Yes the spring will help

but will it make the valving not work properly?

It may compliment the valving or it may not , I would have to see the valve stacks, but if it's already soft a correct stiffer spring will make it less soft , will it be perfect ? Only you can test that by trying , I would not worry about the valving until you try the correct spring