Sign in to follow this  

Which of you guys SUCK at riding? Honesty check time

There's always someone faster out there.. even if your name is Taddy Blaztickichevriak (just put him against Villapodunk on a moto track).  I met a guy yesterday who I couldn't shake in the woods, he was blistering fast.  I asked him several times if he wanted to lead, but he declined prolly out of good spirit. 

• Like 3

I am fat, old, and slow, but I always pass at least one person out there. 

Why does it matter how good some one is or isn't ? I'm the best rider bar none, I got my bike, gear, passion and fortitude to ride my bike, I a'm the best!

• Like 3

When I am out riding I will have a vision of pulling off some maneuver.....eg:  a 180 degree quick wheelie turn when I'm in trouble on a hill, or some tough log crossing.  These moves look so smooth and seamless in my visions, but usually end with me brushing myself off and picking up my bike while my son's point and laugh :blush:

So yeah, maybe I'm not that great at it :excuseme::)

• Like 7

Why does it matter how good some one is or isn't ? I'm the best rider bar none, I got my bike, gear, passion and fortitude to ride my bike, I a'm the best!

Start your own thread titled, "Which of you narcissistic A-holes knows you're the best on a bike!?!?"  Haha

I do alright, but I'm nothing compared to the higher level racers.

• Like 2

And don't forget modest!

• Like 1

There's always someone faster out there.. even if your name is Taddy Blaztickichevriak (just put him against Villapodunk on a moto track).  I met a guy yesterday who I couldn't shake in the woods, he was blistering fast.  I asked him several times if he wanted to lead, but he declined prolly out of good spirit. 

Funny as we get older we realize we learned backwards! All my years of riding/racing (50 yrs) all ways practiced winning! Now, I enjoy riding behind and practice my passing. Wish I thought of that when I was younger! I could of won a lot more back in the day!

• Like 2

Remember, no matter what age "The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up".

• Like 4

Some days I ride well enough to have a very good time, other times can't find any kind of smooth rhythm and it kinda sucks. So I guess that means some times I suck, other times I do a little better.

• Like 1

Remember, no matter what age "The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up".

The sooner you give all your money and assets to the homeless guy, the longer you'll have to acquire wealth again.

The sooner you fail on purpose, the longer you'll have to finished repeating 10th grade.

The sooner I stop this, the longer my life will be not wasting my time drawing obscure parallels.

Edited by LovingOffroadPain
  • Like 3

This thread makes me smile, because I work with middle school boys, many of whom are certain they are going to have a long career in professional football, or soccer, or BB, etc.  Of course they have never interacted on the playing field with any pro players, and they have no idea what physical freaks professional athletes are!  That's one of the nice things about off road racing, is that you get to be on the course at the same time with AA and sometimes really elite riders, and it's just astounding how they can just fly by you so fast that you think your bike has stopped! 

• Like 9

Moved to AZ, when I was 17, hot shot flat track, enduro rider from midwest. First day in desert ran into a guy 48 yrs old, stopped to talk, said he would follow, whipped his butt!  LOL. On way back to trucks said he would lead, OK!

Saw him for the first 3 miles, nothing but dust later.  LOL.  We became friends till he passed a couple of yrs ago! Taught me all I know about desert racing! There is allways some one faster and better!

Just enjoy the ride!

• Like 4

Honest question and slightly off topic but kind of related:

How does one classify his or her self as a Class C, B, A, AA or whatever other classes there are out there?

A lot of people describe themselves as this or that class but I never understood how those are defined.

How does one classify his or her self as a Class C, B, A, AA or whatever other classes there are out there?

A lot of people describe themselves as this or that class but I never understood how those are defined.

I will let you know Monday. I am entering my first race Sunday. I will be vet C. I think I am only an ok rider. I'm curious to see if I can keep pace, or get killed. I have ridden with B riders, and they usually have their helmets off by the time I get to the intersection. You have to be good in C to move up to B. I think in the local series you have to move up if you win 3 races

I will let you know Monday. I am entering my first race Sunday. I will be vet C. I think I am only an ok rider. I'm curious to see if I can keep pace, or get killed. I have ridden with B riders, and they usually have their helmets off by the time I get to the intersection. You have to be good in C to move up to B. I think in the local series you have to move up if you win 3 races

It also depends on the club/sanctioning body.  With some, you can promote yourself to a limited level.  With some, do a certain amount of winning or points accumulation and THEY move you up.  Check with your local clubs.

How does one classify his or her self as a Class C, B, A, AA or whatever other classes there are out there?

The A class is the expert class, the AA class are local pro level riders.. often National caliber racers.  You know those guys who ride so well they seem to defy the laws of nature??  Yeah, National racers lol

I am not as good as I think I am, but I’m a lot better than you think I am…… :ride:

• Like 4

It also depends on the club/sanctioning body.  With some, you can promote yourself to a limited level.  With some, do a certain amount of winning or points accumulation and THEY move you up.  Check with your local clubs.

Ok, thanks. I thought maybe it was club, event, race associated.