Sign in to follow this  

Junior endurocross champion in action

endurocross is still fairly new down under. one of our junior trials riders saw an ad and decided to start training two weeks before the first event. 

a few months later he took out the national junior title, not bad for a kid with no mx experience! filmed him on the backyard track he built for training...

the track looks easy on film but tried riding it and was on the verge of falling off all the way around. much tougher than it looks!

• Like 3

thanks, i'll pass the comments on to him. he's dead keen to try his hand at extreme enduro events, be interesting to see if his name starts popping up in the results in around five years time when he's 20.

yeah, makes me wish i got into trials earlier if i knew what a difference it would make. between sections at the competitions the young guys are riding their bikes sideways, jumping off everything and generally making me feel very old!

tomjumpjamesstop2_zps7cf0acb8.jpg

flickturn4_zps2b64c06d.jpg

advancedhop1_zps195880d2.jpg

i think middle age will get to graham jarvis before young ruben does. the guy is doing amazingly well as he turns 40 next year. fitness, reflexes, eyesight and all sorts of physical capabilities are on a long downhill slide after 30 so i reckon it just goes to show what an incredible rider he is being on top of his game still.

mind you the same can be said of david knight and dougie lampkin who are almost the same age...

Awesome

Current ride: 1986 TRX250R with lots of mods.

Have owned: 1981 ATC250R with lots of mods, 1983 200X, 1986 250SX, 1991 KDX200