Sign in to follow this  

will the rs-3 comp series full system fit drz400sm?

Im on hold with Yoshi right now to see what the difference is. Id like to know too. lol

hey guys i was just wondering if this exhaust system will fit onto the drz400sm?

http://www.amazon.com/00-07-SUZUKI-DRZ400E-Yoshimura-Stainless/dp/B000I5AV1A#productDetails

and how does it compare to the rs2 performance wise?

As per Yoshimura the only real difference is the looks and the material the muffler is made out of... They claim the rs2 performs better by 1/2 hp according to their R&D but real world you probably wont notice it. They also said the rs3 full system is discontinued about 4 years now and their website had to be updated (It said in stock on their website)...

Yep, it'll fit.  Performance is identical to the RS2.

For another $5, buy this. (the Z-Pro)

http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html

i would rather have the low/mid range power that the rs2 provides. the mrd doesnt have more power and torque than the rs2 until you hit around 6,700 rpms +.  plus i dont plan on doing BB or cams or stroker.

Edited by SupermotoAl

i would rather have the low/mid range power that the rs2 provides. the mrd doesnt have more power and torque than the rs2 until you hit around 6,700 rpms +. plus i dont plan on doing BB or cams or stroker.

Well, I have a rs3 and a big bore engine.

You buy me the MRD and I'll ship you the rs3. And, the can is already cut down to look nice and sleek.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Nightwraith

my only complaint about the rs2 is the muffler size. i wish it was just a bit smaller

The size of it I think fits the bike real nice. If you weren't across the country Id Try to meet up with ya so you could check it out. haha

One of the things i really dislike alot about certain aftermarket pipes,  is that they stick out way too far,  almost to the license plate,  looks way ugly imo,  thats why i like the looks of the MRD shorty.

• Like 1

One of the things i really dislike alot about certain aftermarket pipes,  is that they stick out way too far,  almost to the license plate,  looks way ugly imo,  thats why i like the looks of the MRD shorty.

Are all of the MRD's short? That may be why they have a lot of top end and lack as people say on the bottom. A buddy of mine has the Rs2 and cut it and said he lost all of his bottom end power. He later lucked out and found a kid that wanted a short one and didn't care about the power loss and traded him. It looked really cool though.

183420_1299296900479_2291905_n.jpg

Are all of the MRD's short? That may be why they have a lot of top end and lack as people say on the bottom. A buddy of mine has the Rs2 and cut it and said he lost all of his bottom end power. He later lucked out and found a kid that wanted a short one and didn't care about the power loss and traded him. It looked really cool though.

Stock they are 14'' long,  a shorty is 12'' long,  you have to specifically ask Dave to make you a shorty,  or you can just do it at home with a 18V cordless dewalt sawzall like i did  :D   Bottom end power is the same either way,  the shorty is a bit louder tho.

I had a RS3 before I got my MRD.  Hated it...looks, sound, and partially cause previous ownder did not rejett bike after installing it but I sold it for 200$, put that towards MRD.  I do like my friends RS2, sleeker, quieter than MRD (if you want that) and similiar performance on stock bike.