Sign in to follow this  

Ford Superduty Short Bed

My dad is looking at getting a new 2015 F350 Crew...the delima is long or short bed...he really wants the shortbed but is afraid of not being able to put enough full size bikes in the bed with the travel trailer in tow...so my question is how many fit in a new 6 3/4 foot superduty? I know we have put 4 in our long box Dodge. Can we easily pull the tailgate or does the backup camera wires and whatnot make it a PITA? Ideally he wants 4 in the bed but I think 3 would work with putting a custom carrier on the back of the trailer for the 4th one...

Also I can not find the true length of 6 3/4 bed...is it 81"???

If anyone has experience of pictures it would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-mt-

Edited by 07thommi

You must be loading mini bikes to get 4 in the bed. How do you get you gear, gas and tools to your riding area?

6' + 3/4ft is 72"+ 9"= 81 inches.

• Like 1

I've put 4 bike plus gear bags and stuff in the bed of a 99 short bed gmc. It was such a pain. I had a 2000 ford superduty with a very similar bed size and I could put three bikes in the bed and shit the tailgate but once again it was a pain and one of the bikes I had to let the air out of the tires. Two in front one in backwards but my pickup had a custom bed mod where the front was bowed out and touched the cab and the tailgate had a little bow to it too. Overall I do not think you are going to fit 3 or 4 bikes in the bed and be able to shut the tailgate. Sorry I do not know how hard they are to remove with the camera built in.

No mini bikes...a WR 426, a YZ 450, a YZ 250F, and a KLX 250 in the bed of the long box 98 Dodge...two forewards and two backwards...it was tight and gear and fuel were all under the bikes and strapped to the bikes on top as well...it was tight but we made it happen, only needed to do this once, but it is possible...I guess I am just hopeful that we can get 3 in the bed...guess we will find out...

-mt-

You won't get three in the bed without modifying the bikes in some way, not with the tailgate up all the way. I've had two with the tailgate up, and again two with the tailgate part way up.

You may be able to get three in with the tailgate party way up if you put the middle one in backwards.

Dave