Sign in to follow this  

Mute Option for Ralph Sheheen

me and my friends joke about this every time we watch the race. The best part about being at met life stadium Saturday? watching the race without that idiot commentating

Really? Every season the same old whining about Sheheen. While I'm not a fan of the man we could get a lot worse. You get rid of him and they will probably stick some eye candy in there that doesn't know squat about SX and she wouldn't care less that she doesn't. At least RH actually seems to get in to it instead of some mono-toned robot. What annoys me more is listening to RC (says the same crap every time) in the booth or, even worse, McGrath! JM always sounds like he just came in from getting high! Just be happy that we have SX on TV!

• Like 1

Bob Hanna would be great, don't think he would be PC enough for the public though or many of the riders he would tell, they suck!   LOL

Forgot here, many don't understand HANNA or know him! It would be great just once though!

Sheheen constantly interrupts Emig, Carmichael, and Windham with idiotic commentary that obvious to anyone who is watching. FOX would be better off dropping Sheheen and hiring someone full time for supercross that knows what they are talking about i.e. Windham. Hannah would be intrestring but they would have to bleep out most of his remarks.

@MuteRalphSheheen

• Like 1

Remember the only reason they have big (former racer) names in the booth in ANY kind of racing is the "OOOOhhh - factor" & name recognition.  If they are skilled verbally, that's just LUCK.  That interrupting thing is the worst but be careful what you ask for.  You might end up with Jack Arute. 

Really? Every season the same old whining about Sheheen. While I'm not a fan of the man we could get a lot worse. You get rid of him and they will probably stick some eye candy in there that doesn't know squat about SX and she wouldn't care less that she doesn't. At least RH actually seems to get in to it instead of some mono-toned robot. What annoys me more is listening to RC (says the same crap every time) in the booth or, even worse, McGrath! JM always sounds like he just came in from getting high! Just be happy that we have SX on TV!

I agree!

But I must say I am extremely impressed with the "eye candy" they put in the pits, Jenny Taft.  She is good looking and doing a great job with reports and inside scoops.  

• Like 1

I realize hardcore moto guys aren't gonna think Ralph is cool or whatever. Here is the thing, the main commentator needs to be some kind of communications expert, first and foremost.  Leave the color commentary to the ex-pros like RC, Jeffro, MC etc etc. If that formula isn't in place then it would for sure make the sport seem even more amateurish than it sometimes comes off now. That being said, I think Ralph does a decent job for what he needs to do. Yes, I get sick of hearing about RV steering with the back wheel and all that other non-sense. But most sports fans deal with the same situation. If it wasn't for the communications guy announcing, there would be a ton of dead spots and awkwardness. Just my opinion at least.

• Like 3

he is a hypocrite ............... he is all over JS for being sooooooooooo good , but he doesn't give the back to back to back to back champ hardly any credit for being good ....... I think Bubba is good too but Ralph is over the top over Bubba and doesn't give others the props they deserve because he cant take his eyes off of Bubba :lol: 

First off, Ralph is more knowledgeable about SX then 95% of the fans. He isn't brought in to show his knowledge to the average race fan, hes there to make it easier for the average Joe who knows nothing about SX to understand.

If you had two ex riders in there commentating the average Joe would think we are the dumbest sport around. 

Edited by 2uptite
  • Like 6

Last year, I would have agreed.  

For 2014 however, he has gotten Stewart's dode out of his mouth, and actually is more of a commentator than a model of how to show unwavering infatuation for Stewart on the air.

Carmichael, Windham, and Emig would be a great booth.

Windham and Emig for smart commentary, Carmichael for comic relief, flat out insane knowledge of the sport, and to bring the burgers.

What's with all the hate, its ex racers commentating on a live race not so called "trained news broadcasters". I would much rather here it from the guys who have been there and done that than someone who assumes or thinks they know what's going on with a rider or situation which is probably 99% the rest of us.

Last year, I would have agreed.  

For 2014 however, he has gotten Stewart's dode out of his mouth, and actually is more of a commentator than a model of how to show unwavering infatuation for Stewart on the air.

Carmichael, Windham, and Emig would be a great booth.

Windham and Emig for smart commentary, Carmichael for comic relief, flat out insane knowledge of the sport, and to bring the burgers.

I agree, this season Ralph has done what Dosh will never be able to do. Release his hold on the painfully bruised testicles of James Stewart. At least he finally came to grips with years of disappointment and is trying to regain some of his dignity. Well done Ralph.

• Like 4

he is a hypocrite ............... he is all over JS for being sooooooooooo good , but he doesn't give the back to back to back to back champ hardly any credit for being good ....... I think Bubba is good too but Ralph is over the top over Bubba and doesn't give others the props they deserve because he cant take his eyes off of Bubba :lol: 

Like Madden to Brett Favre. :wub:

Ralph makes some unintended funny comments sometimes but I actually get a kick out of it. Whether he rides or not he is obviously extremely excited about supercross and he is there as the Everyman to split up the 2 pros. Windham would be great to have in as one of the pros.

• Like 1