Sign in to follow this  

wiseco vs tusk clutch kit

im in the market for a new clutch for my bike soon and I'm thinking of either getting the wiseco clutch kit or the tusk clutch kit, (both with only fibres, steels and springs). i just want to know what would be better, the tusk is cheaper but the wiseco clutch is meant to be pretty good. anyone have experience with these clutches?

i have over 60 hours on my tusk clutch kit on my crf450 with no issues. the rest of the clutch is hinson and ive been waiting to throw in the hinson plates and fibers but the tusk hasnt quit yet! i will notice a little bit of fade and usually when it warms up i tighten up the play about a quarter turn and thats it. for the money they seem like a good buy.

im not very hard on my clutch but i do slip it a lot at low speeds to keep the bike from stalling. i soaked my tusk kit for over 24hrs and always run rotella 15w40 and change it at 5-8hrs.

if you abuse the clutch a lot and plan on keeping the stock clutch springs i would go with a better brand though. not sure how well they take hard abuse.

The Tusk spring are a little stiffer. Makes the pull at the lever a little tougher. Plates hold up well though.

Have a wiseco clutch kit with springs, basket, and plates. So far engagement feels good and solid and pull isn't overly difficult.