Sign in to follow this  

Premix

Looks like I'll be picking up a 2014 Husaberg TE250 wednesday.

Have had many 2-strokes through the years, 60's, 80's and 125's were always mixed at 32:1 and 250 or bigger no leaner than 40:1.

Knowing that KTM/Husaberg/Husky recommend 60:1 sounded kinda scary to me. I've been using the same well known oil for a long time, and it's always proven to work well... so I called a tech at the oil co about such a lean 60:1 ratio. He said, "Yeah, maybe Austria's environmental issues are more strict, I don't know, but I can't tell you how many main bearing, crank and rod failures I've seen, even with beginners and novice riders... Why they recommend such little oil I don't know. 40:1 is best and safe, perhaps just fatten up the main jet a little." (I'm witholding the oil companies name so they don't get in trouble with said m/c manufacturer. )

Edited by 2-Strokes 4-ever

The Italian Husqvarna wr300 manual says 50:1. I think the Austrians say 60:1 if you use motorex oil only.

I can't believe that Motorex is THAT MUCH better than all other oils, gotta be some money changing hands between Motorex and KTM.

I'm doing 40:1 and jetting accordingly.

I'm running 50:1 yamalube on my 14 te300.

"Not so much a top end concern, but lower-end bearings"... is what I'm hearing from those that make a living in the motorcycle repair business.