Sign in to follow this  

My 2 wrecks from last year GoPro

Ever over shoot a jump and slam your chin into the handlebars?  I did, and somehow i saved it when both my hands came off the bars, and my ears ringing.  Required 8 stitches on my chin.

Near the start of the race on the 4th corner, my front tire just randomly lost traction and just slid out from me.  Caused a nice pileup.  The front tire randomly sliding out from me on entry to corners has been remedied with the dr dubachs engine relocation kit that puts more weight on the front tire on my 2010 yz450f.

• Like 1

Wow. I have a 2012 I'm not a very experienced racer. C class but the relocation kit has always interested me you can tell a difference with the relocation kit?

Yes, Mtrain730, my front would always skate on entry to corners and never felt comfortable to hit the gas to get some rear wheel spin to steer corners with the rear wheel.  I find myself hitting corners alot harder then i used to, and able to drift the rear wheel around long corners.  Installation took alot of time, it took 3 hours to grind away enough material to get the bottom engine mount bolt to go through freely.  Wear some gloves for this.

Thanks for the reply. I. Attribute this too my lack of skill also but I agree I love this bike in every other way but I wish I could get the front too grab better. In tight turns I struggle too keep it from going wide. I am still messing with clickers so I'm sure I can still improve my set up but I would be interested in trying the relocation kit. Plain and simple I would like a little more bite from the front end too point me in the direction I want too go

Well I definately did alot better with the first race of my engine relocation mod, I just ran out of steam on the last lap

• Like 2

Hey, have you ever been to Ascot Park or Raceday Park? They're both just a few miles into Oklahoma close to the border of Arkansas.

Edited by Premixer112