Sign in to follow this  

Linkage knuckle compatible years

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the compatibilty (if any) between the different years of the 250x for the linkage knuckle (triangle). My current one is damaged enough that I can't replace the bearings, and I'd like to save money by going used, but I can't find one from a 2006 specifically (I've seen some off 2004 and 2005 models).

Looking at the regular OEM parts finder catalogs, the part numbers are different, but the part number is for the knuckle as well as the associated bearings, seals etc, so I'm not sure if it's the actual part that differs or not. Is there anyway to find out what other years could be compatible with the 2006?

For reference it's in the OEM parts catalogue under Rear Shock Absorber, item 29.

Thanks for any and all help.

If I remember correctly 04-06 interchange, I know for sure that 07-present will not work. On yours there will be a number/letter code cast into it , what is that code? If you don't know the history of this bike now would be a good time to also check the code on the linkage arms , knuckle and arms need to have a matching code.

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the cast code, do you know if this would match between compatible years, or is it more specific than that? For example, if the 04-06 years all used the same code on the knuckle, I could probably request that part info from a seller to make sure it's the same as mine.

If you're thinking of buying a used one on ebay you can normally see the code in the pictures, assuming that the picture is of the actual part being sold.

The code is a three digit Honda Product Code, indicates the Honda Product the item was designed for, also the middle part of the Honda part number.

Part number for 06 is #52465-KSR-710, also used on 05-07 CR125R and 06-08 CRF250X

The product code for the above is KSR