Sign in to follow this  

Bad luck. Or horrible riding...

So Saturday before the race I crash hard break my helmet and screw up my ribs again. Bent bar clamps.

Today I go out for 2 hours to ride with the park owner. As I'm making the lap back to my truck the rain starts in and makes the next turn slicker then ice.

Go down and break my clutch lever.

(Went out to beat the rain early as it will be raining for the next 3 or r days.)

So I go get a new clutch lever. Come home replace it. Tightening the cable. And low and behold... I break the Damn cable..

I tell ya what. I can't catch a break this week.

On a better note I just won a go pro white edition on ebay for 40 bucks with various mounts and cases.

Maybe my luck is turning around...

• Like 1

So Saturday before the race I crash hard break my helmet and screw up my ribs again. Bent bar clamps.

Today I go out for 2 hours to ride with the park owner. As I'm making the lap back to my truck the rain starts in and makes the next turn slicker then ice.

(Went out to beat the rain early as it will be raining for the next 3 or r days.)

So I go get a new clutch lever. Come home replace it. Tightening the cable. And low and behold... I break the Damn cable..

On a better note I just won a go pro white edition on ebay for 40 bucks with various mounts and cases.

All those things suck. Except for the gopro. Thats cool.

Hope the week only gets better for you.

All those things suck. Except for the gopro. Thats cool.

Hope the week only gets better for you.

Thanks man. I assume it can only get better. I hope.

Crazy as this may sound, my best days are Tuesday and Thursdays.  Don't ask me why, but it seems that those are the only two days for some reason that shit doesn't go wrong for me.  You know, one of the things I take seriously is, when I see my thing going to shit, I turn tail and run in fear it won't get any worse.  That's cool you got a GOPRO for only 40 bucks.  What did you do, snipe it? :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

Crazy as this may sound, my best days are Tuesday and Thursdays. Don't ask me why, but it seems that those are the only two days for some reason that shit doesn't go wrong for me. You know, one of the things I take seriously is, when I see my thing going to shit, I turn tail and run in fear it won't get any worse. That's cool you got a GOPRO for only 40 bucks. What did you do, snipe it? :devil:

Ahh.. been waiting on your response!

Yea you know weekdays on general are good for me. Or when I'm riding with a group of people.

It seems that when I go out to practice I Have one thing on my mind. And that's railing the corners and perfecting my riding.

Although I have come to the conclusion.

When I ride to ride or am racing. I don't crash to often. Then again I'm riding with a clear head enjoying everything.

Practice I am always negative on what I am doing trying to perfect thst one thing just to move on. Complacency may be part of it. I'm not sure.

What I will say is when I get this Damn bike fixedm. Again.. I'm not gonna practice. I'm just gonna go on practice days to enjoy myself and work on things with less of a attitude on it.

• Like 1

Yea you know weekdays on general are good for me. Or when I'm riding with a group of people.

It seems that when I go out to practice I Have one thing on my mind. And that's railing the corners and perfecting my riding.

When I ride to ride or am racing. I don't crash to often. Then again I'm riding with a clear head enjoying everything.

Practice I am always negative on what I am doing trying to perfect thst one thing just to move on. Complacency may be part of it. I'm not sure.

What I will say is when I get this Damn bike fixedm. Again.. I'm not gonna practice. I'm just gonna go on practice days to enjoy myself and work on things with less of a attitude on it.

You're just critical about yourself and is why you push yourself when you practice as opposed to racing.  I can relate.  Practice does make perfect, so keep at it, but geez man, stop falling! :lol::devil:

• Like 1

Stop spreading the bad luck cooties  :lol:  Waiting on a carb for my sons bike and he looked a little bored so asked him if he wanted to go ride mine. Hooked up the trailer and went to a place here close he rode for about 15 minutes and i had him stop and i pulled the plug to check it ( engine rebuild about 2 hours on it ) put in a new plug and he rode for about 5 minutes and just died. Coasted to a stop with no plug fire  :banghead: .

You're probably trying to hard, i find if i'm tensed up and all over the tank with a death grip on the bars i'm crashing, but if i try to relax not over think what i'm doing i ride a lot better . Think about unicorns and puppies and stuff  :lol: