Sign in to follow this  

Handguards Questions

I've got moose aluminum bark busters on my drz400 with NO shield on it currently. I really like the cycra handshields and I was wondering if I would be able to mount the cycra handshield to my moose guards? Has anyone done this before?

Mounted Cycra hand shields to the cheap bark busters that I bought at Cycle Gear. I had to drill holes in the plastic but the bend was pretty close to exact. I test fitted them to another set of BBs and they where an exact match- holes, bend, everything......I would imagine that they would fit just fine.

Mounted Cycra hand shields to the cheap bark busters that I bought at Cycle Gear. I had to drill holes in the plastic but the bend was pretty close to exact. I test fitted them to another set of BBs and they where an exact match- holes, bend, everything......I would imagine that they would fit just fine.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398736853.384829.jpg

This is what my guards look like

The brand doesn't matter. Pretty sure if the bark busters have holes in them, they can/will hold almost any shield. Might have to drill holes in the shields, but it's only plastic.

The brand doesn't matter. Pretty sure if the bark busters have holes in them, they can/will hold almost any shield. Might have to drill holes in the shields, but it's only plastic.

Alright, thanks man

Just get a drill bit and tap

The aluminum guards don't have pre drilled holes in them...will it compromise the strength of the aluminum to drill holes in it in order to hold the cycra plastic on there?

The aluminum guards don't have pre drilled holes in them...will it compromise the strength of the aluminum to drill holes in it in order to hold the cycra plastic on there?[/quot

How thick r the hand guards. If the the size of normal ones it will be ok. It doesn't take a big screw to hold them on. 2-6mm screws will do it

The aluminum guards don't have pre drilled holes in them...will it compromise the strength of the aluminum to drill holes in it in order to hold the cycra plastic on there?[/quot

How thick r the hand guards. If the the size of normal ones it will be ok. It doesn't take a big screw to hold them on. 2-6mm screws will do it

They're fairly thick, I'll give it a shot, thanks man

Moose makes specific plastic shields that bolt right on to those alumi bark busters. No drilling required. They fit and work perfect. I'll take a picture of mine when I can

Moose makes specific plastic shields that bolt right on to those alumi bark busters. No drilling required. They fit and work perfect. I'll take a picture of mine when I can

Yeah I've used them before, they're too flimsy for me, I really like the quality of Cycras better
  • Like 1

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399172413.374557.jpg

The Cycra shields fit the moose guards like a glove, they look sweet too!