Chances of getting NY trails opened to riders with a petition?

Hello all.

So im riding the other day and I see another group hanging out. My buddy and I stop, we get talking, etc. Nice guys. We got talking about places to ride, which are rare up here in NY. We were talking about state trails. One of the older guys said "its not the riders that erode the trail, its the f'in rain! What, are you gonna tell jesus to make it stop raining?"

That really got me thinking. How effective would a petition be in opening up trails to riders in the summer? Not just a "hey, I want this, sign here!" Thing, but something with some research behind it with proof that riders do not erode the trail significantly enough to harm nature.

Given, we are in NY, and it would take quite a bit to convince the enviromental crazies that we do no harm.

Edit: I mean snowmobile trails. Give me absolutely all your thoughts on this. Im only 16, so I would really need some help on this. Im a bit uneducated when it comes to environmental laws and restrictions.

Edited by lethalweapon100

Hello all.

So im riding the other day and I see another group hanging out. My buddy and I stop, we get talking, etc. Nice guys. We got talking about places to ride, which are rare up here in NY. We were talking about state trails. One of the older guys said "its not the riders that erode the trail, its the f'in rain! What, are you gonna tell jesus to make it stop raining?"

That really got me thinking. How effective would a petition be in opening up trails to riders in the summer? Not just a "hey, I want this, sign here!" Thing, but something with some research behind it with proof that riders do not erode the trail significantly enough to harm nature.

Given, we are in NY, and it would take quite a bit to convince the enviromental crazies that we do no harm.

Edit: I mean snowmobile trails. Give me absolutely all your thoughts on this. Im only 16, so I would really need some help on this. Im a bit uneducated when it comes to environmental laws and restrictions.

You ride MOTORCYCLES, the lowest form of life, the scum of the earth, you really think a petition will do anything? There are more bird watchers that vote!    LOL

• Like 1

It's a nice thought, but i don't think it would work in NY .  The common criminal is treated better than an offroad rider in NY.

Looking at how popular the Supercross race was that held in this region a couple of days ago ,you would think that offroad riding would get more credit and attention!

there are trails in n.y., up in the Tug Hill region, and the Trail Pass system.

Thats pretty far our for me...im in saratoga.

It's a nice thought, but i don't think it would work in NY . The common criminal is treated better than an offroad rider in NY.

Looking at how popular the Supercross race was that held in this region a couple of days ago ,you would think that offroad riding would get more credit and attention!

What SX race?

Maybe that just proved your point exactly.

Thats pretty far our for me...im in saratoga.

What SX race?

Maybe that just proved your point exactly.

The SX race down in East Rutherford NJ and it was on TV.  From the looks of the stadium seating area shots , it was a packed house

Hello all.

None, NY sucks. The state is ran by corrupt politicians in NYC. Do you think they give a s*it about upstate and MX?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they'll give so little sh*ts that they'll say "you know what kid, do whatever you want".

There is zero chance of anyone in power in NY telling you to do what you want. They will tell you what when and how to do everything. From soda size to styrofoam to fracking. Big brother is alive and we'll in NY.