Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz125

Doing some maintenance for a buddy can find how much compression he should have in his manual anywhere it had 150ish when I checked anyone know for sure

Ok so this bike is low.... Not holding throttle open that would let compassion out no??? Give me a shittier reading. Also anyone know about the "A"B"or C stamp on cylinder base regarding which piston to order buddy who's bike it is says the local dealer always asks him but I'm getting parts online and can't find a choice for that?? Thanks for the help fellas grip and rip

Unless it is the first piston that you are running through that cylinder, it is pretty much useless. The "C" piston is always a safe bet on a used cylinder. Not all piston brands offer different size pistons. They are sort of "one size fits all" with most brands.

Edit: and yes your reading will be thrown off without the throttle held open.

Edited by BDubb106

It's been rebuilt a couple times C being the best choice for used cylinder..... Your saying hold the throttle open while doing compression test??

It's been rebuilt a couple times C being the best choice for used cylinder..... Your saying hold the throttle open while doing compression test??

yes. Hold the throttle wide open!