Sign in to follow this  

Race Tech emulator part numbers for 1982 XR200R?

I'd like to upgrade to RT emulators and maybe new springs for my 1982 XR200R which as far as I know is stock. 

I called RT and they do not have detailed specs before 1984. They suggested I disassemble the fork, make measurements, and fill out this form:

http://www.racetech.com/download/IP_FEGV_FIT_web.pdf

This fitting step greatly complicates the project and will probably push it to next winter. I do know the OD is 35 mm (that's easy) and if I disassemble any more I will trash my OHV sticker on the fork leg and have to get a new one (can't be easy).

Was wondering if anyone else had done this year/model and kept detailed notes on which RT parts to use.

BTW, Chuck has an amazing list of years and swaps here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/860575-xr200-chassis-and-suspension/page-2#!Ghccb

Thanks!

It looks like 3301 is the one for the 35mm forks.  I measured my fork internals when I did the rebuild on them and this model seems to have acceptable sizing.  You may be on your own as far as tuning goes though.  Thankfully you can change the spring and hole diameter to suit your style.

Racetech.com has a great amount of info in the vintage section about the emulators and how to tune and set them up.

If you look at the emulator parts list it gives all the specs on the different units.

• Like 1

It looks like 3301 is the one for the 35mm forks.  I measured my fork internals when I did the rebuild on them and this model seems to have acceptable sizing.  You may be on your own as far as tuning goes though.  Thankfully you can change the spring and hole diameter to suit your style.

Racetech.com has a great amount of info in the vintage section about the emulators and how to tune and set them up.

If you look at the emulator parts list it gives all the specs on the different units.

Many thanks! I will post a detailed update when I complete this project. It may be awhile.