Sign in to follow this  

Hmmmmm?!?

I've heard that the Kawi parts were cheaper than the Zook, but wonder why an FMF Q4 pipe and Bomb header with the exact same mfg part numbers differ in price from the same internet dealer?  Midwest lists the system for $457 for the DRZ and for $447 in another listing for the KLX.  If the part numbers listed in their ads are the same, can I safely assume that the systems are exactly the same and can be bolted right up to my 08SM?

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-FULL-EXHAUST-QUIET-Q4-AND-POWERBOMB-HEAD-PIPE-03-04-KLX400S-KLX-400-S-400S-/270979189650?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f179e4b92&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-FULL-EXHAUST-QUIET-Q4-AND-POWERBOMB-HEAD-PIPE-DRZ400-DRZ-400-S-DRZ400SM-/271443021946?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3343d07a&vxp=mtr

Edited by KTMDark

That is correct , they are the exact same bikes ( except for colour ) Maybe it went up in price between posting the pipes , greg

That's where I bought my system a couple of weeks ago. But I didn't think to check against the Kawi price. I'm happy with what I got though!

Good deal!  Ima go for the $447 option! ;o)

Theres a few other great systems out there as well,  do your research. 

Theres a few other great systems out there as well,  do your research. 

Yup my RS2 was less than $447

• Like 1

I gotcha Ron. I don't post much, but I've read about these little buggers pretty extensively on about 5 different forums since Jan!  Right now for me it's more about the looks and being stealthy, not necessarily the best possible performer. Only coaxing out another couple of HP at the expense of waking the dead is hard to justify when I bought it to be able to hoon around unnoticed!  I've got a well sorted SuperDuke with a set of Ti Leo Vince pipes that gets me plenty of angry scowls already! ;o)

• Like 2

I gotcha Ron. I don't post much, but I've read about these little buggers pretty extensively on about 5 different forums since Jan!  Right now for me it's more about the looks and being stealthy, not necessarily the best possible performer. Only coaxing out another couple of HP at the expense of waking the dead is hard to justify when I bought it to be able to hoon around unnoticed!  I've got a well sorted SuperDuke with a set of Ti Leo Vince pipes that gets me plenty of angry scowls already! ;o)

I hear ya,  at times i wish i had the Q4,  loud pipes can get very annoying at times,  if i really pin it,  the MRD sets off car alarms. 

The regular powercore 4 is loud too imo,  i rode a drz with it on many times.

Yup, I've got a buddy with a DG and another with a Yosh and both are as loud or worse than the Leos on my KTM.  Since you hafta pretty much keep the little Zook on the boil to keep things entertaining, Barney Fife would hear you coming for miles! 

I'm  a little concerned that I still haven't gotten any kind of confirmation or shipping info from Midwest on Ebay.  Anybody got any experience with them?  They had a very high rating and a pretty extensive presence there.  Funny that the ad for the DRZ said they had only a couple left and the one for the KLX said they had 10 plus and both list the exact same mfg p#!  Fine w/me!  I'm all about a bargain! :o)