Sign in to follow this  

Questions/review opinions about 2006 Husqvarna SMR510

Hello everyone. I am looking at a 2006 Husky SMR510 that I am thinking about buying for 3800. It has a gutted exhaust, re-jetted carb, and comes with stands. It looks like it's in great shape and the owner is a friend of mine that I have known for a while so I doubt this would be a bad deal. What I am interested in is maintenance and any possible issues I may be facing in the future. The owner says the engine has never been opened so no valve adjustments have been done, I can check that myself. But he says he has meticulously maintained it fluid and filter wise and it has never been offroad. I have seen a couple videos on youtube of these bikes being "blown up" and people talking about the rod just letting loose. Is this a defect I should worry about or is this coming from people that don't know how to maintain their bikes?

I really appreciate all of the info I can get!

Jess

My main concern is that I don't want to buy a bike that may potentially blow up on me even with good maintenance. I've always been a Yamaha fan and wanted a WR450 but I was offered this and it seems like a pretty good deal. I'll be using the bike mostly on the street in the city, some occasional canyon carving, and maybe some rare off roading that I will need an extra set of wheels and tires for.