Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi vs two bros

I just got a bone stock 09 crf 450 and just wanting some feedback between the two brothers and yoshimura exhausts for it.thanks

I can't recall ever seeing a TBR pipe on any pro bike.

Also never seen any type of sponsorship offer from TBR

Support the mfg's that support your sport.

I used to run two brothers on my cbr's back in the day and loved their carbon fiber mufflers.. I thought they went out of business or something.

The real question should be yoshi or fmf! Yoshis LOOK sweet but I've never heard anybody not satisfied with a fmf.. Except they don't use a midpipe clamp.. I don't like that shit

Had a full ti yosh, made the bike pull better up top, a friend had a two bros, loud as shit and looked gay. I agree that two bros look dope in street bikes

I used to run two brothers on my cbr's back in the day and loved their carbon fiber mufflers.. I thought they went out of business or something.

The real question should be yoshi or fmf! Yoshis LOOK sweet but I've never heard anybody not satisfied with a fmf.. Except they don't use a midpipe clamp.. I don't like that shit

DON EMlER IS AN ASS HOLE IVE TALKED TO HIM.

AND HIS PIPES ARE JUNK.

PRO CIRCIUT

OR MRD.

BTW THE FASTEST 450S UP PIKES PEAK IN THE SUPERMOTO SINGLE CLASS RAN MRD EXHAUSTS.

ALSO

LOOK AT DND UP PIPES

FLAT TRACKERS RUN DND DOWN PIPES AND ARE PUTTING OUT 65+HP THE DND MAKES 8HP MORE AT REDLINE (NOT PEAK)

OR A BEAUTIFULLY UGLY JEMCO.

ALL CHEAPER THAN YOSH AND FMF AND MAKE MORE POWER.

DON EMlER IS AN ASS HOLE IVE TALKED TO HIM.

AND HIS PIPES ARE JUNK.

PRO CIRCIUT

OR MRD.

BTW THE FASTEST 450S UP PIKES PEAK IN THE SUPERMOTO SINGLE CLASS RAN MRD EXHAUSTS.

ALSO

LOOK AT DND UP PIPES

FLAT TRACKERS RUN DND DOWN PIPES AND ARE PUTTING OUT 65+HP THE DND MAKES 8HP MORE AT REDLINE (NOT PEAK)

OR A BEAUTIFULLY UGLY JEMCO.

ALL CHEAPER THAN YOSH AND FMF AND MAKE MORE POWER.

This doesn't even make sense; Donnie Elmer is one of the nicest guy's in our sport.They have always stood behind every product I have ever purchased from them.

I smell another MRD Nazi thread.

Good grief! 

This doesn't even make sense; Donnie Elmer is one of the nicest guy's in our sport.They have always stood behind every product I have ever purchased from them.

Good grief! 

I have to agree. Any time I talked to Elmer or FMF at the races they were more than polite.

A couple of times we needed pipe repairs at the track. FMF support took us right in and and made repairs, then repacked it,  while we waited at no charge. Without an attitude. Like they were happy we were their customer. And we're from the East Coast.

I've met a lot of &%$#@! in this industry but I don't think Elmer or FMF are members of the club.

We were at the LL Am national in 2006 racing 125 schoolboy class. My son caught a foot peg on something and broke his peg. 

We had a YZ 125 so I went to the Yamaha support truck and waited about 20min for one of the yam tech's to tell me to come back in an hour because they were too busy to get me a peg. When I returned he was put off because I wanted a single peg, even though they are sold as single units.

When he finally got me one it was 2 times retail cost. Because its titanium it was over $200, and "they were there for their support riders and we weren't on the program" and "we could take it or leave it."

I bought the peg but left there with a &%$#@! you attitude toward Yamaha and haven't had a Yamaha in my shop since then. Its just the way I am.

It wasn't so much the cost of the foot peg, We already spent thousands to get there, but the attitude of the Yam Tech that put me off.

haha sorry to get off topic

• Like 1

Donnie Elmer is a great guy and just recently gave me the best service for a big company. Got a system for my 14 crf450, cans were crooked so I emailed him, reminding you that I bought them used for an individual but they were only used for a break in. He immediately responded to my email asking for a picture. Sent him, and got a response of, I will be sending you 2 brand new cans and when you get those if you could sned your old ones in. Couldnt be any happier. Most big companies wouldnt ever do a thing like that. 

Thanks guys i apreciate it all i think im gonna change the title to fmf vs yoshi

Well, stay tuned as the MRD guerrillas will be coming out of the wood-works.

Edited by corona52

the MRD guerrillas huh lol. until you have owned a MRD and tested them against most major brands then do not bash them. i tried FMF and personally i think they are worse than stock along with pro circut, there is a reason people love MRD they are better than most pipes as far as quality and gains.

i tried FMF and personally i think they are worse than stock

Do you really think any input you make from here on will be very creditable after making that statement. Maybe you need to do some homework on how to property jet a bike or ask around and Findout what a remap is. I'm not gonna debate with you. Your wrong and that was the dumbest comment yet today. Edited by Diggla117

the MRD guerrillas huh lol. until you have owned a MRD and tested them against most major brands then do not bash them. i tried FMF and personally i think they are worse than stock along with pro circut, there is a reason people love MRD they are better than most pipes as far as quality and gains.

Next!

Good grief! 

Im more of a real megaphone with reverse cone into muffler nazi.

anything else is junk. and dual pipes are super junk.

1X20-20Exhaust1.jpg

theres NOTING magic about any of the pipes you can buy, from the "top" names not even power bombs or megabombs....

there all relatively the same length and diameter and function the same way so what evers your flavor i guess.

basically with some like fmf or pro circuit you pay for the name.  a MRD you pay for quality!

there is something magic about megaphones!

Johnny campbells baja 1k winning bike with a pro circuit few of a kind exhaust.

hmm i wonder why what they raced isnt what they sold hmmm hmmm? hmm??

because what they sold a plain ol straight tube into a perforated muffler was not good enough.

there is nothing special at all about a piece of straight tubing with a step here and a step there its redicilous!

people pay more for these than people paid for those factory style 2 stroke pipes with 60 cones in them that took some real work and were real development

the only thing that remotely justifies the price for some of these pipes is the titanium and the fact it has to be welded in an argon cabinet.

so buy whatever tube of bling suits your fancy.

reasons for something to be expensive.

lightest

pro circiut or yosh?

toughest

mrd

best running

well there all probably about the same.

oh wait not a DND up pipe or a Bills pipe, or even an old school super trapp, or ugly jemco, or curtis sparks, or thunder alley if he still makes pipes.

they will stomp on the boutique pipes.

grave yard shift rant. :smashpc:

Edited by EnglertRacing

Mmhmm just throwing this out there.. I have the megabomb.. That's designed for low end torque. And the z-start pro, automatic slipper clutch.

Leaving the bike in FIFTH, about 30-40 FEET coming out of a NINTY DEGREE TURN I'll smash the gas exiting it and the front wheel starts raising off the ground.. That's torque. Say watcha want but the megabomb?.. Yeah I'll say that design is proven (a stupid number of pros run this and the powerbomb) and worth every penny.

Mrd- yeah it looks like a good exhaust with a bunch of positive feedback. Lifetime warranty that's real cool.

Yoshi- I'm sure they're ok n all but def

Not worth the price tag in my opinion.

Rocket- their pipes are looking so fresh with their new carbon fiber muffler designs and everybody seems to be happy with the performance and not stupid expensive.

Fmf? Quality you can depend on. They've been in the business since the beginning and have been running it every since. Stand up name with a product you can depend on.. I like that shit. :)

Edited by Diggla117