Sign in to follow this  

Another XR650R Suspension question...

I picked up a very clean 03 650r and I think it might be a bit oversprung for my weight.  The owner said it was sprung for a 230lb rider.  I'm about 185 without gear.  Looks like it has an eibach 11.0 rear spring... I have no idea whats in the forks.  I've got the sag set between 3.75 and 4 inches but there isn't much tension on the spring.  It seems to do OK at high speeds but not terribly comfortable on a slower rocky trail.  Any suggestions to make this set up work for me or do I need to commit to new springs?  I bought this thing as a high speed desert sled so maybe the stiff springs will work in my favor.  Any suspension gurus?

I weigh about that much and run a spring about 11kg but I also have the preload about halfway up on the threads. You might have a bad link bearing somewhere??

I have a 10.5 spring on my xrr and need more spring-It is plated and I carry camping gear on my xrr.Send pm if you want to swap springs.Try backing the compression dampening out to 1 or 2 clicks from full soft.