ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Is 13/49 gearing high enough for my 07 street legal? What do you like?

I don't know jack. Would rather learn from your folks experiences before I experiment ;)

I'll mostly be riding around town, curvy WV mountain roads, with occasional highways out of necessity. Obviously I can't ignore trail riding with the stuff we got around here, so I don't want to sacrifice too much in the name of speed.

Any thoughts/good ratios? :)

On a trip to Hatfield-McCoy Buffalo Mt. I used 15/48 with excellent results even on the single track. On highways and gravel roads it makes the ride much more enjoyable.

On a trip to Hatfield-McCoy Buffalo Mt. I used 15/48 with excellent results even on the single track. On highways and gravel roads it makes the ride much more enjoyable.

Cool! You know what terrain I'm talking about then. That trail is going to be my 45 min highway drive! Lol

Thanks to both of you though, I'm starting to get a fuzzy idea ;)

14/48 works good for me except in the steep and tight single track, not so much. I then use a 13/48 for that with minimal road time.

• Like 1

What sort of cruising speed would 15/48 allow? I need to cover a fair bit of freeway before I can get to the trails, so would like to be able to sit on 110 kph without the bike revving it's tits off.

I try to stay in 5000-6000rpm range when I don't want to rev it's tits off. And on 15/48 gearing it's about 90-100 kph if my vapor didn't lie

You always gotta one up me don't ya? you and your brushes haha

Hahahaha...:)

And BTW, that's 2 upping you. Leave my brushes outta this...

Um, that ratio is going to make riding 199 and 158 at rock house impossible or any of the black diamond trials a royal pain. But you could do the blue or green trails without much issue