boiling brake fluid

Anyone ever have that happen?

I towed my hauler on its second trip ever. I went to the coast over some hills and windy roads. Before we headed home, I opened the hood to check the oil and such. I noticed brake fluid underneath the booster (98 gmc 1500) so I took tbe lid off of the m.c and the larger reservoir at the back was almost empty. I filled it a d drove home and no leaks. I was puzzled for a bit. But it hit me today that it probably boiled out. I didn't knowingly overheat the brakes on the way. I did, however, smell the brakes on the way home, but I stopped and let them cool for a bit and I didn't seem to lose any fluid.

Yes I used the brakes alot and geared down. I must confess that my trailer brake controller doesn't work when I use the brake pedal. But the trailer brakes work when I used the controller manually, which is what I was doing. I need to get that fixed. As far as the fluid goes I think that the lid on the m.c wasn't on all the way. It was full when I left and there was fluid all over the steering shaft and hoses etc.underneath the m.c. Going to check the brakes anyway and get the controller fixed

You know your controller doesn't work and you still tow? Do you really think that's OK? Why are you surprised the brake fluid boiled. Do you take your family or friends with you? Your insurance would drop you like a hot rock for your negligence and you could be held criminally liable if you injured or killed someone. Your whole truck braking system should be rebuilt along with replacing your controller. I don't know what you are towing but anything over 19' is too big for a 1500 too. Check your tow ratings.

" timestamp="1398871042"]You know your controller doesn't work and you still tow? Do you really think that's OK? Why are you surprised the brake fluid boiled. Do you take your family or friends with you? Your insurance would drop you like a hot rock for your negligence and you could be held criminally liable if you injured or killed someone. Your whole truck braking system should be rebuilt along with replacing your controller. I don't know what you are towing but anything over 19' is too big for a 1500 too. Check your tow ratings.

Thanks mom!

Did you read the entire thread?

Edited by phaze250x

" timestamp="1398871042"]You know your controller doesn't work and you still tow? Do you really think that's OK? Why are you surprised the brake fluid boiled. Do you take your family or friends with you? Your insurance would drop you like a hot rock for your negligence and you could be held criminally liable if you injured or killed someone. Your whole truck braking system should be rebuilt along with replacing your controller. I don't know what you are towing but anything over 19' is too big for a 1500 too. Check your tow ratings.

Thanks mom!

Did you read the entire thread?[/

quote]

Your crap wasn't perfect and you still made it work! Holy cannoli! You ought to be skinned alive never allowed to pass on your genetic information!

What a joke that prick needs to lighten up have few beers and chill out. I don't have any good advice other than what already been said. Check your brakes out real good find where you are leaking and good luck.

Carry on I will.

The controller works. If you're not familiar with the controller, it has a manual lever that is actuated by hand. That's what I did. It's really not a big deal. Except when I'm trying to put my beer in the cup holder in a hurry.

And,I think it's been determined that the fluid didn't boil out. I think the lid on the m.c wasn't on properly. That would be my fault. But, since I'm legally blind, I have a good excuse.

Carry on I will.

The controller works. If you're not familiar with the controller, it has a manual lever that is actuated by hand. That's what I did. It's really not a big deal. Except when I'm trying to put my beer in the cup holder in a hurry.

And,I think it's been determined that the fluid didn't boil out. I think the lid on the m.c wasn't on properly. That would be my fault. But, since I'm legally blind, I have a good excuse.

The reason I had to start driving automatics was because it was getting to hard to shift, text, check out TT and hold my beer all at the same time