Sign in to follow this  

Yz Fork TTR125 uprade. Spacers...? Things Not lining up

I picked up a complete front end off of a 04 yz85.  My sons bike is a 07 TTR125Le.  I have not mounted the forks/triple clamps to the bike yet but that seems like the easy part.  

The first thing I tried was mounting the ttr wheel into the Yz fork assembly.  The wheel with spacers installed is about 1/8" shy on each side when centering the wheel between the forks and the rotor in the Yz caliper. The ttr axel is also quite a bit short and the brake caliper doesn't line up quite right with the ttr wheel..

What mix of YZ/TTr parts are you guys using on this conversion and what wre you doing to make everything tighten up right?  I am not a big fan of stacking up washers and hokey stuff and I'm hoping that Yz spacers will work but more likely gonna have to get some made?    Are you guys using the TTr front brake system or YZ?  I got the complete Yz brake system and that's what was on the forks when I tried the wheel so maybe the TTR caliper works out better??    

I know that this has been done enough times that you guys must have it figured out but I couldn't find andy specific info on shim thickness or spacers needed.  Does the YZ axle work in this conversion?  Is the YZ supermini front wheel the same size as the TTR?  that would probably make the whole thing complete and worthwhile upgrade.