Sign in to follow this  

2010 rmz 250 timing help?!

So I just did a complete top and bottom rebuild on my bike and got it back together and it won't start, it backfired once and every 10 kicks or so it barely acts like it wants to start so my question is that the manual say once at TDC the top dots on the cams should be 13 pins apart so that's what I did but the side marks now don't line up level with the head like it shows, and everywhere I look online it shows the pins being 12 or 11 or 15 pins apart so how important is it to go the 13 like the manual says or should I just make the side dots level with the head?? Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

So I just did a complete top and bottom rebuild on my bike and got it back together and it won't start, it backfired once and every 10 kicks or so it barely acts like it wants to start so my question is that the manual say once at TDC the top dots on the cams should be 13 pins apart so that's what I did but the side marks now don't line up level with the head like it shows, and everywhere I look online it shows the pins being 12 or 11 or 15 pins apart so how important is it to go the 13 like the manual says or should I just make the side dots level with the head?? Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Not familiar with this bike or manual but everyone i've seen those horizontal marks need to like up with the head surface , sorry i can't help more. Looked on youtube ?