Sign in to follow this  

05 cr 250 front fork's question

Picked up a thrashed out 05 that will need a complete rebuild.The fork's and triple's are trash,,,can someone please tell me what fork's and clamp's will work on this bike ? I was told 06-07 CRF 250-450 would work but wanted to confirm this.I've tried the search option but with no luck from my old outdated computer.I need your help please and thank's.Oh,,, this bike is a powerhouse and I love it !!

• Like 1

04-09 crf250 or 05-08 crf450 forks will fit

I hit the scale's at 210 and I'm 52 year's of age and still ride fairly hard (mx),,,should I go for the 450 for stiffer valving or stick with the 250.Thank you.

Cr 250 and CRF 250 weigh roughly the same. Therefore it would make sense to stick with the CRF 250 forks i guess.

Yeah at your weight...450. I'm at 205lbs and did the swap with an 08 450r, although I did a revalve the springs are perfect.

• Like 1

Yeah at your weight...450. I'm at 205lbs and did the swap with an 08 450r, although I did a revalve the springs are perfect.

Would you think the clamp's would be a bolt on also ?

Yes. I did the whole front end...forks, triples and brakes(master cylinder,calipers).

Yes. I did the whole front end...forks, triples and brakes(master cylinder,calipers).

That's what I needed to hear !! Thank you CM.

• Like 1

I think any 2005 or later forks (at least up until 08) are bolt on with the original triples, but it never hurts to get spare front end parts with the forks.

• Like 2