Sawmill Enduro

My friend Paul and I rode the Sawmill Enduro Sunday. Unfortunately Paul's clutch went out on on the single track trail off of trail 16. So his race end after the second check. The race was a lot of fun but it seems like it end to soon. We didn't get to ride down the creek bed to the finish. I kind of missed that part. The first half of the race was more challenging then the second half.

I had to deal with all the bottleneck's the first half of the race. The second half of the race I felt like I was riding all alone most of the time. The last time I seen the guy on minute was the first check. It was kind like I had the trails all to myself the second half. All and all I had a great and look forward to next year.

• Like 6

looked like a fun one. 

when i was a "C" rider i was on my own on the second loop all the time.  it was actually nice.  because if it was a dusty ride, there wasn't anyone to make dust.  and if it was wet like this one there weren't anymore bottlenecks.

looks like at the end of the video you weren't wearing your goggles anymore.  cause you were slowing for the branches more.  am i right?

OZ- looks like you scared that dude  ( :53 secs)  he slipped off the trail!  I have been right in front of you before and that 450 sounds intimidating....

good luck at the Fools Gold!

You are so right Hawaii500, the last bottleneck I had to deal with on the back side of red mountain could of been the race for me. Guys were all hung on the rocks. I pushed, drug and fought my way threw that mess.

I could of stopped and taken break llike a lot of other guys, but I pushed on. I love enduro's, it's a real test to the mind and body.

That bottleneck on the back of red mountain was funny for me..I swooped around some guys and rode the far left creek trench right up. Rekluse and trials tire really only helped there. That mud sucked from there on.

That bottleneck on the back of red mountain was funny for me..I swooped around some guys and rode the far left creek trench right up. Rekluse and trials tire really only helped there. That mud sucked from there on.

that's how you win those ones.  you don't wait in line.  Find a way.

i used to bogart through, then find some off trail route and blast by everyone.  the fact that i was riding a YZ490, then a CR500 helped with that a lot.  i overalled C class back in 94 on the W.F.O. just by riding through bottleneck after bottleneck.  it had snowed the night before, and there was mud, snow, and ice.  i felt like a hero when i finished.  had no idea that i did so well.  just rode my heart out.  the check guys were cheering me towarsds the end.  i guess cause i was closer to my minute then most were.

AAhhh the good old days, when i was younger and stronger.