Sign in to follow this  

Getting sick of dealing with my shock.

Here's my story. I have a 2003 YZ250 with 2007 YZ450F suspension on it (SSS). The forks are awesome. The shock I had serviced. The shock STILL seems squishy with very little resistance. Not squishy like it's blown, but squishy like there's no fluid or very little nitrogen in it. I had it done about 15 riding hours ago. This is bulls***! I feel like I got ripped off. I had dirt works in Tacoma WA do it. HE said he set the sag for me. How the F do you even do that without the rider present and the shock INSTALLED on the bike? Moreover what is a GOOD starting point for the clickers for 2007 YZ450F? I wanna just pretend like this is a yz450f not a 2003 yz250 with yz450f suspension.

EDIT: just to reinforce what I'm talking about with my shock, my buddy has a 14' YZ250 2 stroke and when I push down on his seat and then on my seat it's like pushing down on a yz450f vs. an xr100. (Resistance wise)

Edited by CRF450ish

You need to take it back clicker and sags mean nothing if you have no damping

Set the sag, look for leaks, put the clickers in the middle and do from there. In another 15 hours or so it will be time for fresh oil.

It sounds like there is air in it.

Edited by Tommyk_55

Have you had a calm, thoughtful conversation with the tuner about this? Did you have a talk with him about your ability, conditions etc before the work. Maybe there was a problem with communication. Sure the spring is correct?

Edited by YHGEORGE

Replace the piston band and the 0 rings under it......use a slightly larger 0 ring....your tuner SHOULD know this.

i had the same thing happen to me after a shock rebuild.

i took it back and it turned out it leaked the nitrogen where the schrader valve

screws into the shock reservoir. he re threaded the schrader valve using

some thread tape. re filled with nitrogen. it has been fine ever since.

i would take it back and have him look at it. good luck.

rick

I'm just gonna send it to Enzo screw it. I'm done wasting my time and money on hokey small business suspension tuners. I'll send a gopro video of myself and a hand written letter along with my shock explaining what my problems are and what I expect out of my suspension.

I don't do suspension for a living, but I do a lot of work for guys in our riding group, friends, etc...

If I screwed something up (and I have) I'd be p.o'd,  if they took it somewhere else without giving me the chance to make it right...even if it cost me out of pocket.

I'd be suprised if the shop that worked on your shock didn't feel the same way, It might something simple that they missed or ''yes" screwed up.

Even Enzo has had his share of bad days in the shop...I'll asure you that!

Edited by moto9
  • Like 1

I don't do suspension for a living, but I do a lot of work for guys in our riding group, friends, etc...

If I screwed something up (and I have) I'd be p.o'd, if they took it somewhere else without giving me the chance to make it right...even if it cost me out of pocket.

I'd be suprised if the shop that worked on your shock didn't feel the same way, It might something simple that they missed or ''yes" screwed up.

Even Enzo has had his share of bad days in the shop...I'll asure you that!

Well it's been six months since he's done my shock sorry I shoulda added that to my original post. Since he's done it I've barely ridden my bike. But it's been six months still so I don't wanna bother with it.

• Like 1

I'm having smart performance in Cali respring my suspension and re valve it and add that anti vibration oil

The ' engineering ' company, good choice.  They can perform the proper calculations to get you squared away proper.

The best you can do and that,s for almost everyone is doing your suspension nu yourself in the Long run you will understand it, Bert difficult for a tuner to make good suspension for everybody the only one who can adjust and tune your suspension is you.