Sign in to follow this  

Here's another "what bike should I buy?"

Well i'm wanting to get into bikes. I've been riding race quads and have owned both race and utility but i want to get into bikes. Being 5'11" and 160, subject to adding a few pounds, but im done growing. I've been thinking a 250 4-stroke, but nothing beats hitting the powerband on a 2-stroke. I want a bike that I hopefully wont get tired of the power (4 vs 2 stroke). Mostly track and trail riding. Hopefully i can get into racing as well in the future. What is everyone's opinion? Thanks!!

The only reason ive been looking into fuel injection is because its the new "thing" and i know ill soon be out of the bubble when carbs are gone for good.

Yz250f, if you are mainly looking at the Fuel Injected 250's go for the Rmz250  stay away from the Kx250fs.

Just curious as to why he should stay away from the kx's? 250f, just choose your favorite color they're all great bikes, are you looking to buy new? 

Just curious as to why he should stay away from the kx's? 250f, just choose your favorite color they're all great bikes, are you looking to buy new? 

Mainly looking for a newer used bike. 

I just am debating the carb vs F.I.

Don't get me wrong the Kx250f is a good bike, it pumps out the second most horsepower of the 250 4 strokes, and it has one of the best and precise fuel injectors.  However there suspension isn't very good compared to any other 250 and i've read and seen things where there reliability is very.. how should i say this.. Less desirable.  

My buddy had a brand new one right off the floor, second race after it was broken in and the piston went through the side of the cylinder. I've also read stories of similar things happening to other newer 250's and even 450f's   Also seen a Youtube video a while back of a brand new 2012 Kx450f the guy was revving it up and the engine basically feel apart, bolts went everywhere crap was flying haha.  

Yea it's basically what ever works for you stick with it. The way i look at it is Kawasaki and Honda where the kings of 2 strokes, but when it comes to four strokes i'll never own anything but a Yamaha or a Suzuki.    Or KTM if my wallet doesn't mind, Lol

Mainly looking for a newer used bike. 

I just am debating the carb vs F.I.

Carbs reliable, it's been tested and proven, the only problem that i hated was changing the jets, maybe i was just doing it wrong but on my 09 crf250r it took at least 20-30 minutes to change it and sometimes it'd make the bike even worse. I'd have to take the gas tank off pull the carb apart. EFI gives you instant throttle response but it's new technology and may have problems

Carbs reliable, it's been tested and proven, the only problem that i hated was changing the jets, maybe i was just doing it wrong but on my 09 crf250r it took at least 20-30 minutes to change it and sometimes it'd make the bike even worse. I'd have to take the gas tank off pull the carb apart. EFI gives you instant throttle response but it's new technology and may have problems

EFI  isn't new technology it's been around since the 50s just new to bikes , i want my 2 stroke EFI  :worthy: 

EFI  isn't new technology it's been around since the 50s just new to bikes , i want my 2 stroke EFI  :worthy:

Thats what I meant, You got to admit though sometimes these "new to bike" mods come out and they are unreliable. 

• Like 1