Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Bowers on 22 Motorpsorts for Vegas

Looks like Tyler Bowers is filling in for Reed in Vegas... Could this last longer if Reed isn't ready for Glenn Helen?

10177490_10152807636784745_1118688459684

Is arenacross done now or is he getting tired of poaching?

How do you poach a pro class?

• Like 4

He's won 5 straight, don't you think it's time for him to move on?

He's won 5 straight, don't you think it's time for him to move on?

Why move on? He makes more then he's been offered to race supercross. Instead of training all week he's building a future for himself  finishing school.  He's smart not to move up. Besides, as its been said, its a pro series, there is no sand bagging.  

• Like 2

Reed said he will be riding at glen helen. He does want another rider on the 22 team and since Wilson is already called for Bowers i would guess Bowers is his 2nd choice

I look forward to seeing Tyler Bowers racing SX He did a few last year and did fairly well if I remember correctly.

Arenacross is like the 'AA' of baseball we all know that an so do you. Yes it is pro but so are minor leagues in all other sports.

He should be forced to move to SX next year IMO

• Like 3

The dude has talent, can't deny that. He won Vegas last year filling in on the PC team. Will be interesting to see how he does in the 450 class at Vegas, this isn't Zach Ames and Kyle Regal he will be racing against. I think he can finish top 10 though and possible top 5 if he get's a good start.

I still don't get why everyone thinks Tyler should quit AX and "move up"? Hell the dude is king of the mountain in that series so why would he want to be just another guy trying to podium in SX for probably less money than he's making now.

• Like 6

I still don't get why everyone thinks Tyler should quit AX and "move up"? Hell the dude is king of the mountain in that series so why would he want to be just another guy trying to podium in SX for probably less money than he's making now.

Is it not "road to supercross"?

what the hell does that mean anyway. That a top guy can just hang out there and collect. Same rules should apply as in the 250 class. Maybe AC should just stay in the 250 class for his whole career, win some championships

• Like 1

Anyone got a decent idea of how much bowers makes???

Is it not "road to supercross"?

what the hell does that mean anyway. That a top guy can just hang out there and collect. Same rules should apply as in the 250 class. Maybe AC should just stay in the 250 class for his whole career, win some championships

Well I'm pretty sure there is no rule in making someone leave AX to pursue a career in SX therefore Bowers can retire out of arenacross if he pleases.  Maybe you should start a petition or something to get these rules you would like to see implemented? :excuseme:

• Like 2

Well I'm pretty sure there is no rule in making someone leave AX to pursue a career in SX therefore Bowers can retire out of arenacross if he pleases. Maybe you should start a petition or something to get these rules you would like to see implemented? :excuseme:

I already did! Can I count on your vote?

I understand there is no rule behind it, just thinking that if you're gonna market road to supercross then there should be.

Maybe Vicki will move to the "premier" class one day

he won last year in the lites class. He's used to the 450 and he can rail on hardpack.

I think he will do very well depending on his fitness and his start. If he gets a start i will not be surprised to see him in top 5.  

Being the man time and time again in Arenacross is like holding the Home run record in the Minor leagues. Yeah you may  be the best in a "Pro" sport, but definitely not at the top level of the game. As someone pointed out early, Arenacross is now known as the road to Supercross. Bowers must be on the wrong road and is just turning lefts at Martinsville

• Like 2

I understand a lot of people think he should pursue supercross. At the end of the day though it's his decision to make. He only needs to please himself and I believe that he is doing that right now. With him being in school I think that's a big part of this whole thing. Also the fact that he can stay in arena cross and make a lot more money obviously plays into the decision. I think eventually you're going to see him in supercross but it's going to be on his terms. Hate on the man if you want but he seems to be happy where he's at and who can blame him. He's making a living riding a dirt bike while he's in school. In the summers I believe he heads down to Costa Rica and rides for a team down there(Correct me if I'm wrong on that but I believe that's what he does). Summers in Costa Rica while getting paid to ride a bike. You just can't beat that. People can hate on him if they want and I'd get where they're coming from, but me personally I have nothing but respect for the man.

Edited by Oldsmar55
  • Like 3

i really don't get why arena cross is not considered a "pro" race by some.  its harder than sx and way in your face.  they race more rounds and have way more action than sx does.  if he can win that many times there he has earned it all the way.  its a pro race with pro racers lining up.  he has also shown that he can beat the so called "pro" guys in those bigger tracks too.  why should he move up?  money is good and he is doing what he needs to!  you can't sand back a pro race.. there is no higher class, its just a diff discipline.  guys in the AX know how to pass better than any sx guy out there.  they run way closer the whole race.  more rounds and more could go wrong and they race the whole usa not just east west stuff.  i personally think its dumb that they do that with the 250's. also why make them move up?  its a pro race on the same track as the 450's… what makes them better?  these guys that are racing when they turn pro are PRO… no different than the other guys on bigger bikes.  amateur racing is for that learning stuff… when you learn it and you go pro… you are PRO no mater what bike your on.  why treat 250's any different.  lose the east west shit… add laps and treat them the same…  so back in the day the only true pro guys were the ones not he 500?   if everyone wants to race the 250f over the 450f then that should tell you something on the bikes and cc's that are being made.  why force them to bigger bikes if they feel more comfy on the 250.. its not small! 

Edited by T-Doshi9
  • Like 1