Sign in to follow this  

! 1991 xr 600r !

I'm making this bike an enduro race bike does anyone know any mods I should do to make it have more torque and HP I'm boring it .20 over and I got 6sigma jet and needle and k&n air filter with a supertrapp exhaust. But I was wondering how much oil these bikes take and how often should I change them. And how much air goes in the shocks because I have no idea

1398784180075.jpg

1398784216286.jpg

1398784298557.jpg

Oil change only.................. 1.9 liters........2 U.S. qt.

Oil & filter change.............. 1.95 liters..... 2.06 U.S. qt.

After engine disassembly... 2.3 liters...... 2.4 U.S. qt

Be careful after oil changes when you change the filter. Sometimes the oil pump doesnt like to prime. Always crack the banjo fitting on the top of the oil line that goes to the head. I lay the bike on its side and fill the oil filter housing with oil and install the filter cap, stand bike up, kick it through a few times and start it with the oil line loose until you see oil pumping out. Otherwise you might fry your top end.

If you dont get oil within a few seconds shut it down and try using air to preasureize the oil system to force oil through all the lines and primes the pump.

I'm making this bike an enduro race bike does anyone know any mods I should do to make it have more torque and HP I'm boring it .20 over and I got 6sigma jet and needle and k&n air filter with a supertrapp exhaust. But I was wondering how much oil these bikes take and how often should I change them. And how much air goes in the shocks because I have no idea

Add a FCR carb off a CRF250R.  There is a thread somewhere on here for the write up.  I guy can make you an intake that fits perfect and the power off initial throttle is amazing.  It takes a slug at slow speed and makes it jump with the twist of the throttle.