Sign in to follow this  

KE100: Oil Injected or Mixed?

Another KE100 question for you guys. Wasn't able to find my answer in a search.

Been working on a custom KE100 build and when I got the bike originally, it never had the oil reservoir so I never even thought the bike might have had oil injection. Never even heard of a KE100 (or really seen one) until I got the one I have in my possession. I actually always assumed: 2 stoke = Mix.. Unless it was a snowmobile and I don't like those......

ANYWAY.. Really glad someone brought up the idea adjusting the oil pump, because that is what lead me to find that this bike was in fact oil injected (1976 KE100).

Question is.

Can I mix gas and run the bike that way like a traditional 2 stroke

Or

Do I need that reservoir?

Thanks!

Shane

CF1467DD-C52F-4796-87AF-589FC898F380_zps

2E1AE2EE-34B2-463E-AE20-FAC60DD6E9D8_zps

Edited by Deputy865

You can run premix, just pull the right side cover and remove the oil pump and block off the line.

You're the king, thank you!

Recommendations for the best mix? 

Anything from a motorcycle shop.  No walmart or Kmart crap. The Kawasaki brand oil is usually $7-8 a quart.  Just pick a oil and stick with it.  

I wanted to do something similar to a KE100 I had, I sold mine but still want to build it.  Something along these lines for the street:

107487_2964_995691-10151691605415909-196

Edited by Jeekinz
  • Like 1

You're the king, thank you!

Recommendations for the best mix? 

I use Lucas semi synthetic, it's smokeless, and low ash. It costs me around $8 at O'Reileys, and i ran it in a later model KE100 for pre-mix.