Sign in to follow this  

YZ85 Clutch Problem

I have a 2005 yz85..whenever I am going to take off in first gear, I let out the clutch like you should while giving gas, but the bike doesn't just ease into it like normal, it pretty much "jumps" into motion. I didn't have this problem with any other bikes, I tried adjusting the clutch cable to make it tighter, didn't work...I'm thinking it's the oil that's in the gearbox right now, any other suggestions?

Like this my man... As you can see this has pretty bad groves in the inner clutch and the really bad ones are on the fingers in the basket. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398825215.733543.jpg

No idea for an 85 but this is my rm250 and it's about 275 for the inner and outer clutches

Look online for prices on the clutch basket and clutch hub. The hub might be ok but you need to inspect it first.

They make aftermarket billet clutch baskets and hubs that will resist notching. Or you can get the oem parts but they will wear out again after a large number of hours- roughly 100 hours on a yz85, all dependent on the riders clutch usage

For a temporary "fix" you can file the fingers smooth again. They'll wear faster but it'll at least get you up and riding again. Then you can save your money and buy a new basket when it starts causing problems again