Sign in to follow this  

Bars are twisted or something

I have a 2011 YZ450 that has the Flexx bars on them. When on the bike the Bar seems to be pulled in an down to the left just a tad seems like. The bars are not bent in any way for I haven't went down with them on. I have 2 sets of flexx bars cause I thought my last set were bent just a tad. I bought the 2nd Flexx bar an still the same effect.

I checked the Bar clamp bolt to see if it was bent but it was ok. I didnt check both of em just the left one. Would the Triple clamps be out of align? Would I need to take the front wheel off an forks and steering stem out to make sur everything is align?

What would be a good way or method to fix this?

I have a 2011 YZ450 that has the Flexx bars on them. When on the bike the Bar seems to be pulled in an down to the left just a tad seems like. The bars are not bent in any way for I haven't went down with them on. I have 2 sets of flexx bars cause I thought my last set were bent just a tad. I bought the 2nd Flexx bar an still the same effect.

I checked the Bar clamp bolt to see if it was bent but it was ok. I didnt check both of em just the left one. Would the Triple clamps be out of align? Would I need to take the front wheel off an forks and steering stem out to make sur everything is align?

What would be a good way or method to fix this?

It usually helps if you post some pictures.  But yeah, your triple clamps may be out of whack  Best thing to do is take your front fender off and get on it and look at the alignment then.  Sometimes, those freaking fenders give the impression the steering is off.  If you're sure your holders are fine, then definitely try loosening up the triple clamps and try to straighten the line by hand, then torque them down.  :devil:

• Like 1

It usually helps if you post some pictures.  But yeah, your triple clamps may be out of whack  Best thing to do is take your front fender off and get on it and look at the alignment then.  Sometimes, those freaking fenders give the impression the steering is off.  If you're sure your holders are fine, then definitely try loosening up the triple clamps and try to straighten the line by hand, then torque them down.  :devil:

But if the triple tree is out of alignment, other things will obviously be off as well.  Like the bars aren't pointing straight when the wheel is straight, or it will seem like the pinch bolts on the front axle need alignment but it's really the forks' height not being adjusted evenly in the triple clamps.

Make sure fork heights are evenly adjusted in the triple clamps.

Then make sure the pinch bolts are tightened evenly, correctly.  Best way is to loosen front axle, loosen pinch bolts on both sides.  Then tighten axle til it begins spinning inside the fork legs (if it does spin), then tighten pinch bolts on the axle nut side.  Take bike off lift stand, push up and down on the forks to align the front wheel.  Then tighten pinch bolts on opposite side. 

If that doesn't work, disassemble the steering stem (grease the bearings while you're in there).  Beyond doing all this, maybe buy some regular bars lol

• Like 1

Thanks ury body for yalls help.  After doing laundry,changing bike Filter,cleaning my Helmets an gear an taking time to fix something to eat,I have run out of time an will have to do the bars between now an Friday.  

I will first try what zotis777 mentioned about the nut under the bar clamp.  That might just be the ticket.  Along with taking my front wheel off and re-aligning it in the forks..

• Like 2

Thanks ury body for yalls help.  After doing laundry,changing bike Filter,cleaning my Helmets an gear an taking time to fix something to eat,I have run out of time an will have to do the bars between now an Friday.  

I will first try what zotis777 mentioned about the nut under the bar clamp.  That might just be the ticket.  Along with taking my front wheel off and re-aligning it in the forks..

if your triple clamp is bent... you would have smashed really hard.

bar clamp for sure are bendable as I just did mine. loosen it up on the bottom where the bushings are and try straightening them out that way.

if that isn't the case. take your front fender off and look at it that way. if it is still off resort to your triple tree and check that.

maybe you put the bars on wrong?