Sign in to follow this  

Clutch not working

Hey guys this is probably a stupid question.

2002 YZ125

Stock clutch worked prior to replacement.

I just replaced my stock clutch lever with a new one and I don't know exactly how to adjust the cable correctly.  Whenever I fully pull in the clutch lever and shift into 1st, the bike immediately stalls.  I then put it on the stand, fully pulled in the lever, shifted to 1st and the wheel just spins like crazy.  So the clutch isn't engaging.  Does that mean the cable is too loose?  Which part of the cable do I need to tighten?

Thanks,

Derek

I think you ll get it just play with it a bit. Also maybe search keywords: "thumpertalk how to adjust clutch cable", on google. That's a quick way to get info on a lot of things just change the keywords, leave the thumpertalk.

Your clutch IS engaging. What you should be saying is it's not dis-engaging when you pull in the clutch lever.

Basically, you take all of the slack out of the cable with the adjusters, until you have about a nickels thickness of freeplay between the clutch lever and the perch assembly when the clutch lever is pulled gently with hand pressure.

Your clutch IS engaging. What you should be saying is it's not dis-engaging when you pull in the clutch lever.

Basically, you take all of the slack out of the cable with the adjusters, until you have about a nickels thickness of freeplay between the clutch lever and the perch assembly when the clutch lever is pulled gently with hand pressure.

Oh ok my mistake.  I'll try that thanks.