Sign in to follow this  

Hot start blanking plug

Hey fellas, there was a thread about this in the 250 section...wanted to explore it further. I bet the line, and lever would be a nice weight savings...plus I have never used it or needed too. Any way to plug this safely? I ran across this on ebay. Let me know what you think or if this is a mistake, I don't know anything about the plunger or what this does internally to the efi unit. I don't want to mess anything up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121327984171&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Try it on your bike and then Ill give you an opinion and probably buy one myself if it holds up ;)

Honestly... I wouldn't install it on my bike simply due to the lack of info out there on it. We know how it works on a carbed bike but IDK if it will have the same effect on the newer non carbed bikes. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will give you some help.

• Like 1

Try it on your bike and then Ill give you an opinion and probably buy one myself if it holds up ;)

Honestly... I wouldn't install it on my bike simply due to the lack of info out there on it. We know how it works on a carbed bike but IDK if it will have the same effect on the newer non carbed bikes. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will give you some help.

I don't want to be the guide pig, I vote Mike tries it first.

• Like 1

I will try it. I bet a call to Moto lab or James Dean and we would know pretty quick. Thanks for the love fellas!!

• Like 1

LOL true... maybe worth a call to one of them just for reassurance. I know I for one would like to get rid of the cable and button. I have never touched the thing. I followed it in the 250 forum for a while but it never went anywhere so I just quit reading that thread.

• Like 1

I posted the thread in the 250 forum. Got pretty far with parts I thought would and wouldn't work, but in fear of installing them and having an issue, I opted not to try. I know MXA has a video on YouTube of a 250 they set up, and Jay Clark mentioned they bypassed their hot start. I thought about calling them and asking what they did lol.

• Like 2