Sign in to follow this  

bottom end help!

alrght so i recently bought a 94 kx250, needed new top end and it spun a rod bearing, so i bought a engine rebuild kit from wiesco, and every thing looks to be correct except for there is no gasket for between the cases, since i had to split them to replace the crank and i can't remember if there was one in there or not. but now i am trying to reassemble them and need help knowing what to do to seal the cases together.

alrght so i recently bought a 94 kx250, needed new top end and it spun a rod bearing, so i bought a engine rebuild kit from wiesco, and every thing looks to be correct except for there is no gasket for between the cases, since i had to split them to replace the crank and i can't remember if there was one in there or not. but now i am trying to reassemble them and need help knowing what to do to seal the cases together.

no gasket you just need three bond liquid gasket

Watch this video, start watching from 9 minutes in. You don't need a lot of the stuff. YZ motor, same deal tho... PS, return that crank kit and get a hot rods kit.

Wiseco bottom ends been known to be garbage. they use cheap bearings.

Edited by izzo

Watch this video, start watching from 9 minutes in. You don't need a lot of the stuff. YZ motor, same deal tho... PS, return that crank kit and get a hot rods kit.

the bearing provided with the kit are NTN so OEM bearings bit i don<t know if the crank bearing is good i just installed one... so time will tell but with all the bad review i should have rebuild the old crank

Edited by Adam86

very impressed with that shop. next time i need something i'll contact them. i'd rather pay 20$ for shipping than drive to a shop someplace around here and roll the dice on craftsmanship. 

Edited by over rev