We've owned a 2004 YZ250f since it was new and it's never let us down. It has also been completely submerged in a river at one point ha!

I also had a 2004 yz250f , i never rebuilt it , never did any shims, i did a full service every 10-15 hours and it still started first kick with 300 hours on the clock.

Which one would ya vote for? I'm a Honda guy but I'd vote for the Yamaha. I never see anybody having problems with there yzfs

Definitely say the yamaha's!

If someone can actually agree on what brand is the best for something, well that speaks a lot.  I might be a little biased a yz250f is the only one I have owned, no reason to change.

For sure the yzf's. friend of mine has at least 80+ hours on his. Never changes trans or engine oil, never cleans filter, no engine maintenance or rebuilds, and NEVER lets it warm up before bouncing it off the rev limiter. I'm actually amazed.

For sure the yzf's. friend of mine has at least 80+ hours on his. Never changes trans or engine oil, never cleans filter, no engine maintenance or rebuilds, and NEVER lets it warm up before bouncing it off the rev limiter. I'm actually amazed.

i know I have a friend like that treats his yzf like shit and still runs like a champ

another vote for the yz250f, i had a 2005 model from 2008-2012 ,   most reliable bike ive EVER had, just always went even when i crashed the bike nothing ever broke.

had over 200 hours on the engine when i started hearing a bit more engine noise than normal, took it in to be rebuilt, the CAM chain was about to fail it had kinks etc, piston and valves still mint.

did another 200 hours then sold it for what i paid for it 3 years ealier!!  just wish it had better forks at the time.