Sign in to follow this  

bike smoking after being turned off

i just bought a new 2013 kx450f and took it out for and started it up. when it started visible smoke came out and faded away after running. the strange part was after I killed the engine smoke started came out of the muffler. it continued for about 10 minutes than stopped.  I thought it was nothing but it did the same time over again multiple times it just smokes constantly for abut 10 minutes. Im new with the four strokes so if you know what I going on  it would helpful.

On a brand new never run before bike some crud, paint, or assembly lube can burn off for a while.  Seals and rings need to seat.  Give it a few easy break in rides before you get paranoid.

On a brand new never run before bike some crud, paint, or assembly lube can burn off for a while.  Seals and rings need to seat.  Give it a few easy break in rides before you get paranoid.

+1

I hope it is just new bike stuff but the smoke was dark grey nothing prominate like white black or blue ill just have to ride some more and check it out later thanks for the input