Sign in to follow this  

93 RM250 Only Push Start

Have a 93 rm250 that will only run by pushing it. When pushing it the bike immediately starts and runs great lots of power. Once warmed up it wil kick start as well. Has 160psi compression brand new plug. The bowls full of gas. I read it could be the reeds? Any help would be great jetting is 45 pilot and 180 main. With fmf gold series and silencer. Thanks plug also looks dry after kicking it over many times

I think 160 should be enough to run the bike, once its started it pulls like crazy. I took my reeds out one side had a small chip and I could see light threw it is this
what could be causing the hard start? When pushing it the bike starts in seconds. Thanks ahead of time!

Also should add compression is 160 cold on a cheap tester. I bought the bike needing a crank seal and the top end was brand new never been ran. Should I have more compression? Why would it only be 160 on a brand new top end? Ring gap? Very stumped when i do push start it the thing lifts the tire in every gear with ease

Could I large bend in my pipe where it was dropped be causing my compression readings to read lower then that it actually is?

Ok so I am pretty convinced the wrong piston is in the machine I took the head off and by putting my finger on top of the piston I could easily move it back and forth in the cylinder which I guess is my reason for only getting 150psi out of it. I measured my cylinder at 70mm and piston around 69.5mm I am going to take it to my cylinder shop have them measure it and order me the correct sized piston. It must be 1 over and someone put in a std piston?

Also should add it has a ebay namura piston in the ring gap is so big I can't even measure it with my feeler gauge can I make the ring gap smaller?