Sign in to follow this  

2015 rumors or facts?

I had originally planned to buy a 2014 either ktm or jap mx bike. But i ended up buying a street bike first and thought i would wait until the 2015s come out. I have heard people talk of a jap mx bike with electric start and of maybe it finally being the year in 2015 the crf x getting fuel injection and a diet.

Anyway just wondering if there is any serious rumors or facts concerning 2015 dirt bikes? Maybe the year for a direct inject two stroke or even another jap bike coming out with a two stroke. Seems awful strange the japs are going to continue letting ktm take all the sales. Thanks

I think if any of the top dog's jump in the fight it will be Honda,,,,they don't like 2nd place,,,and if Honda would bust a move with a FI two stroke other's would follow,,,,and the world would be a happier place.That's my thought's.

• Like 2

Why does it seem strange for the Japanese to let KTM take all the sales? KTM made a a few million last year, Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha did a couple billion.... Like someone said in another thread, if Honda really cared, they could buy KTM easily, wipe their asses with the paper work and fold up shop and not lose a ounce of sleep....

KTM might be big in the dirt bike world but on a much larger scale they're just a fart in the wind...

• Like 2

^^^ :rolleyes: I'll buy that,,you're right. :rolleyes:  Japanese---boat's,boat motor's,musical instument's,generator's,power-washer's,4 wheeler's,water-craft,lawn mower's and equipment,vehicle's,,,just to name a few.

Edited by Alan48
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replys. Especially like "fart in the wind" maybe so. But im no ktm lover and would rather buy a jap bike when i buy new. But i could never get past what ktm offers stock compared to the japs. More so in off road. I realize ktm may just be a fart in the wind to them but at some point the jap manufacturers are going to have to compete with ktm or it may end up being the other way around. The japs will become the stink. Just saying.

Wasn't this topic about 2015 bike change rumors? Not about who sells more bikes.  KTM is a highly specialized brand.  Obviously Honda and Yamaha are much bigger companies, they offer products in about 100 more markets than KTM, you would have to be a moron to not be able to figure that out.  Anyways, the 2015 KTM's will probably see all the changes that were applied to the 14.5 450 Factory Edition minus the motor changes obviously.  Yamaha will probably be Bold New Graphics for the next few years since they finally dumped some R&D into their 4 stroke machines. (especially the 250).  May see major changes for Suzuki, they are overdue.  Honda and Kawi will probably be rather minor updates or even BNG.

Edited by motonack

Thats right motonack and thanks. I hope suzuki does come out with something new. I have always liked suzuki dirt bikes. Not to thrilled about their streetbikes but i would definitely buy a new suzuki if it were actually new. In fact suzuki was the last new bike i bought. It was the 81 rm 125 with the new full floater rear suspension and water cooled. It was certainly new for the time.

I am not looking for that dramatic of a change but something new anyway. That is why i think if one of the jap mx bikes 250 or 450 come out with electric start i will buy it. And its not that im getting to old to kick one but why should i keep kicking if i dont have to.

When do the new models start showing up anyway?

I’ve been waiting and asking Honda to make as few modifications to the CRF-X lineup to qualify it for a California license plate.  They haven’t listened or responded.  Probably never will.  So I bought a DRZ.  Why wait?  Get what’s available and ride.  Are ya gonna ask the undertaker if the CRF-X is finally FI so you can buy one?  Too late

Whatever shows in 2015 shows.  But that ain’t now.  Now is the time to ride.

In the motorcycle world KTM sales don’t even register on the sales sheet.  They are a boutique dirt bike catering to a shrinking OHV market.  They are attempting to move onto the sales sheet by going into street bikes.

Hey man, buy the 2014 and ride.

• Like 1

Good advice on just get something and ride. I did that i just decided to ride the street first.

Thought i would come on here to see if anyone has heard anything new yet on the 2015 crf-x? Mainly the 250 interest me the most. I have seen the release of the mx bikes and they look very good. It would really surprise me if honda doesnt update the off road bikes also. Thanks again