Sign in to follow this  

2013 Piston Suggestions

I've got a 2013 with 40 hrs on it and she's starting to feel a little tired, thinking it's time to do a piston and rings and freshen it up.  I've been running 50/50 race gas and pump gas and am considering bumping compression a bit, the JE Pro Series piston looks to be a really good option and claims 14:1.  I figure if I'm running the extra octane anyways might as well get something for it.  Any thoughts on the negatives of the higher comp piston?  I don't want to sacrifice too much reliability, just would like to get a little more oomph out of it.  I already have a T5 pipe on it.

Thanks

I've got a 2013 with 40 hrs on it and she's starting to feel a little tired, thinking it's time to do a piston and rings and freshen it up. I've been running 50/50 race gas and pump gas and am considering bumping compression a bit, the JE Pro Series piston looks to be a really good option and claims 14:1. I figure if I'm running the extra octane anyways might as well get something for it. Any thoughts on the negatives of the higher comp piston? I don't want to sacrifice too much reliability, just would like to get a little more oomph out of it. I already have a T5 pipe on it.

Thanks

here's the dealio, why? They already have HC pistons. You'll not add much hp or torque but give up crank longevity as a trade off. Mixing the gas is good but your cutting octane which isn't bad depending on the race fuel you run. Want more ponies then port the head. It's clean reliable added hp.
  • Like 1