Sign in to follow this  

its been a while, and now i have a ?

Haven't been on in a while and have some questions. Last time I was on, I was converting my kx for street use. I ended up getting it titled no problem. But I had issues with the kdx250 flywheel coming off last year. Well, as of this year, I have that fixed. Now I am rewiring my bike after removing all the enduro wiring. My question is, about the headlight. This is a tusk enduro kit by the way. Anyways, with the low beam running threw the kdx wiring, it is using the kdx voltage regulator and not having issues there. It's the high beam. The way it wires in, it getting full, unregulated power from the stator. Should I tie in a regulator and if so, does anyone make an online regulator I can solder into the wiring?

Haven't been on in a while and have some questions. Last time I was on, I was converting my kx for street use. I ended up getting it titled no problem. But I had issues with the kdx250 flywheel coming off last year. Well, as of this year, I have that fixed. Now I am rewiring my bike after removing all the enduro wiring. My question is, about the headlight. This is a tusk enduro kit by the way. Anyways, with the low beam running threw the kdx wiring, it is using the kdx voltage regulator and not having issues there. It's the high beam. The way it wires in, it getting full, unregulated power from the stator. Should I tie in a regulator and if so, does anyone make an online regulator I can solder into the wiring?

Have you thought about just running a single power wire off the kawi into a dual switch relay? This way there is only one wire coming off the harness, and depending on which switch is activated you can run low or high beam. and it will draw its power off the relay. Really you're looking at about 7 bucks for the relay VS soldering and adding in a VR.

Basically, the relay will send power to either high or low, depending on where the switch is at.. It's really simple to wire up.