Sign in to follow this  

Getting into motocross

Hey guys im 16 wanting to get into motocross and i was wondering what a good bike would be to start out on would be... I ride a Drz400 as my daily commuter so i know how to ride a motorcycle im 5'7" and about 130lbs i was looking at crf150Rs but they seem to small for me any info would be great ! Thanks guys

Hey guys im 16 wanting to get into motocross and i was wondering what a good bike would be to start out on would be... I ride a Drz400 as my daily commuter so i know how to ride a motorcycle im 5'7" and about 130lbs i was looking at crf150Rs but they seem to small for me any info would be great ! Thanks guys

really all just preference. I can rip a track on a smoking 125. I own a yz450 rmz 250 and am in the works for a 125.

5'7 130 lbs a 125 would still drag your arms off if you don't know proper technique.

I just want to give you a heads up

"I ride a Drz400 as my daily commuter so i know how to ride a motorcycle"

there is a big difference. and im sure you will find that out soon enough.

as for a bike....

what kinda money you looking to spend? I love my rmz 250 it is a great bike I have some mods on it... but stock they are fun too.

a yz 125 2 smoke is a blast. and with a little practice you can fly on them too...

a 450 is awesome, you can quad them, they have power

remember the bigger the heavier.

don't always need the biggest machine out there to win.

someone that can ride a 125 can blow a 250 or 450 out of the water.

really all just preference. I can rip a track on a smoking 125. I own a yz450 rmz 250 and am in the works for a 125.

5'7 130 lbs a 125 would still drag your arms off if you don't know proper technique.

I just want to give you a heads up

"I ride a Drz400 as my daily commuter so i know how to ride a motorcycle"

there is a big difference. and im sure you will find that out soon enough.

as for a bike....

what kinda money you looking to spend? I love my rmz 250 it is a great bike I have some mods on it... but stock they are fun too.

a yz 125 2 smoke is a blast. and with a little practice you can fly on them too...

a 450 is awesome, you can quad them, they have power

remember the bigger the heavier.

don't always need the biggest machine out there to win.

someone that can ride a 125 can blow a 250 or 450 out of the water.

Thanks for the info im not looking to spend anything over 2 grand so that limits me im going to look into the 125s

yep 125 would be good, not sure if rules are the same where you live but I believe once you're 16 they make you move up to the 125/250 class and not the supermini