Sign in to follow this  

Looking for replacement seat , what are my options?

Ok I have 12' 300XC/W and looking for a comfy seat , maybe a gel like seat concepts. Looking for what others are using or other brands of seats. I'm a big tall guy and looking for comfort for I will be doing my clubs annual 2 day turkey run 100miles plus and also a months worth of work parties every sunday prepping the course for the event. Also for handlebars something for the fibrations, carpel tunnel issue . I have stock KTM oversize bars . Something other than Fasst Flexx bars or maybe their inserts but I have hand guards and their inserts have bar ends. Thanks all for your input.

I'm a big tall guy as we'll (6/4) and I have just put on a sicas extra tall firm seat. Only one ride on to so far but am amazed at how it has opened up the bike, so much ear to get forward and move wile sitting and a lot easer to transition to standing and when standing gripping the bike (12 xc300 as we'll). Seems nice and comfy so far with the 4 hours I ridden with it so far.

image.jpg

my dad and I both have the ktm hardparts tall soft seat. we like them a lot. I just had a stock seat and he bought a 300xc with a tall soft seat and I rode his bike and ordered one the next day.

I'm 6'4" and currently tipping the scales at more than I would like.  I've used the KTM Hardparts and the Enduro Engineering tall soft.  Both are nice.  EE was comfier than the Hardparts, but it did not last as long in either the foam or the cover.  The base of the EE seat also came apart by the tank mount so I had to modify things a little so it would stay tight to the fuel tank (the pan was a softer plastic that deformed at the mount).

I installed a Seat Concepts tall last night.  WOW.  Make's the Hardparts and EE seat look and feel pretty average at best.  I am beyond impressed with the quality of the Seat Concepts fit, finish, and feel.  I also have never had a seat cover go on so smoothly.  I've got a 12hr race this coming weekend, and that was the reason I got the Seat Concepts.  The foam was shot on my EE seat, and if the long distance D/S riders are to be believed, the Seat Concepts will be well worth the money for me by 10pm Saturday night when the race is over.

I bought it direct from Seat Concepts.  I normally do everything directly from my dealer, but it was an "on the whim decision" to replace my EE tall so I did the direct purchase so I could have it in time to install before we leave for the race tomorrow night.  I put in the order last Thursday night and had it in my hands yesterday morning.  

I am going to get one for my Honda in a few weeks and I will get that one through my local dealer.

Yeah I bought an EE soft and not good on long rides, I get bad inner thigh leg cramping and thinking it is from pressure points from the skinny seat.

+1 on the KTM Hardparts soft seat.

Have had it for a year and is very good

I have the flex bars as well. You will love them, I can ride all day and my arms still feel good. If you run handguards you will need to get some news ones that fit the flex bars correctly. Once again Slavins can hook you up. 

I finally got to race my bike with the twisted engineering carbon fiber bars . Loved my flexx bars well I love the carbon fiber bars even better . I even crashed and bike went over bank and smashed a tree didn't hurt the bars at all. Hardly any vibration at all . I have carpal tunnel and arms never went numb . I'm impressed